cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable pellet smoker

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any of you /bbq smokers out there have any remarks about portable pellet smokers? Expecially https://www.amazon.com/Country-Smokers-CSPEL015010497-Pellet-Smoker/dp/B07VNN775P/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=yo_ii_img?
My nephew recently got hooked on pellet smoking and also bought a new TT, so he had to get one of the portable smokers. Any one have any thoughts, pro or cons about this product as I am also toying with the idea of one.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
9 REPLIES 9

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
This thread gives new meaning to the phrase, "What have you people been smoking?" 😉
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Keyholder wrote:
I prefer having a pellet smoker with wheels...

I agree and my Davey Crocket has 8 wheels. :B

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Get a smoker box. Small light weight and can be used with current equipment. Also really inexpensive.

Keyholder
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer having a pellet smoker with wheels and a huge food sized capacity. Grills Davy Crockett is portable but seems heavier.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it'll fit, Bradley is the best made, IMHO.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The unit you supplied the link to looks awful small. Maybe a burger or fish smoker? On the plus side, the benefit of the small units is the temperature is more uniform and constant. As long as you don’t intend to do a brisket or few racks of ribs, it should work just fine. Does it list the weight anywhere? I love my Davey Crockett but it is a bit heavy.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
My buddy was saying hes not a fan of treager, except for the smaller unit he uses for his camping/portable uses. Sure if fun camping downwind from him.

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We are fulltimers and have been using a Treager portable scout pellet smoker. I chose it over the Davey Crocket as it fit into our 5er better. It does a good job and we use it quite often.

https://www.traegergrills.com/pellet-grills/portable/scout

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the GMG Davey Crocket potrable pellet smoker. Uses 12V or 120V, grill temp and meat probe, WiFi, legs fold up to use as handles, plus 4 spring legs. Larger than the one in the OP link.

Mine is on drawer slides for use or it can be moved to another location.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob