cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Texas Fireballs

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah. Oh yeah. Definitely keeping this one. It fully qualifies for T-Day and Christmas definitely. For Burns Night and Hogmanay I'll make it as the sausage casing for the Scotch eggs. Surprise!

Texas Fireballs Sausage Balls
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
9 REPLIES 9

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
They were a hit for T-Day. No leftovers. None. I'll be keeping them mild for Hogmanay to make it taste more like a traditional scotch egg.

Plenty of turkey left though the bird tasted great. No one was really in the mood for it. Turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and stuffing balls will be eaten for the next 3 days.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
I made a batch. They were pretty good, but a bit mild, so if we do them again, I won't seed the jalapenos.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

JonWalter
Explorer
Explorer
My family makes this every year too! Our recipe is very similar, the only difference is we double the sausage and do one hot, one mild or sage.

Great recipe to share
https://onplanners.com/templates/free-weekly-planner-templates

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds very similar to something we've been making for years. Excellent.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

2002_HR_Endeavo
Explorer
Explorer
thank u def going to do this and bring with

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
2002 HR Endeavor wrote:
Is this dry sausage gravy powder mix or the wet kind ?

Dry.

Magnus

2002_HR_Endeavo
Explorer
Explorer
Is this dry sausage gravy powder mix or the wet kind ?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Iโ€™ll try that.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds great will definitely try.