Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.
846 REPLIES 846

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just called AT&T and said I had been told they would waive the activation fee. They applied the $25 credit to my next months bill.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
joeshmoe wrote:
Curious how you guys are getting the activation waived?

Finally got the mobley. Had to go to store to get it activated. Rep. said he'd waive the activation since it was a new acct and purchased from 3rd party (ABC Warehouse). But now there's a charge on the first bill.
Side note: What a freaking nightmare it's been to get one of these. started this process about 2 weeks ago and it's been ongoing ever since. Between them initially sending the wrong device, to getting hung up on MANY times, to spending hours on the phone and chatting, having to go into the store, waste a bunch of time there, and now this activation fee. Way too much work. ATT's CS S_U_C_K_S!

My wife took over making the calls yesterday and today. She's burnt out now too. The upshot is we did get the mobley and have been using it. Working great.

Do you have the paperwork from the activation? Does it show fee waived?
Go back to dealer and have them straighten it out or go online to the ATT website and do a chat. They usually will waive.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Curious how you guys are getting the activation waived?

Finally got the mobley. Had to go to store to get it activated. Rep. said he'd waive the activation since it was a new acct and purchased from 3rd party (ABC Warehouse). But now there's a charge on the first bill.
Side note: What a freaking nightmare it's been to get one of these. started this process about 2 weeks ago and it's been ongoing ever since. Between them initially sending the wrong device, to getting hung up on MANY times, to spending hours on the phone and chatting, having to go into the store, waste a bunch of time there, and now this activation fee. Way too much work. ATT's CS S_U_C_K_S!

My wife took over making the calls yesterday and today. She's burnt out now too. The upshot is we did get the mobley and have been using it. Working great.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
lexi51 wrote:
AT&T appears to be taking mobley pre-orders for anyone still needing one

Finally got my order in for one. I missed my chance the end of May when they were available!

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
I have been on the road since 5-25 and the Mobley is the best service I have ever had.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
AT&T appears to be taking mobley pre-orders for anyone still needing one

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Camping(?) in on the Mohican River in Ohio and have one bar with AT&T and no OATV signal but have been able to watch NetFlix using the Mobley. Certainly glad we got it.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read all about the simple and easy way to post pictures here.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27694224.cfm
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info on tinypic

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
As Mr. Wizard mentioned you can only link to photos. if you go to tinypic.com you can upload a photo and then just copy the IMG code (circled in red here) and paste it into your post.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

MrWizard
You can not upload photos to RV.net

You must upload them to a hosting website, photo bucket, tiny pix, etc
Then put the img link in the post, for them to be displayed
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
ralphnjoann wrote:
USB port? Is there a Mobley with a USB port now available? Mine doesn't have one.

I would imagine it does. Look on one side and you should see a reset button and a plug covering the port. You need to pry the plug out.

Dave
Yes, it's there. I never even noticed it. Thanks for your help.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:

How did you upload this photo?
Thanks

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
I have mine hooked up to a Pepwave Surf on the Go router (via wifi) and it's working fine.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

MrWizard
Repeat this will Not Power your Mobley
That is a data only Port
And did not work with all router's
It only works with specific router's
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s