cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back Up Camera

crtdavis
Explorer
Explorer
So I just purchased my Mallard M312 TT and it has a connection to add a back up camera to it. My question is this, I drive a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL, is there any way to connect a back up camera and have the view come through my screen on my truck or will I have to purchase a back up camera kit that has the screen with it? Just trying to see if I can bypass that part.
2019 Mallard M312
2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL
8 REPLIES 8

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Customtronix has a complete solution for Ram, which I'll be purchasing soon. It will allow me to plug my current trailer mounted backup camera directly into my system so it displays on the dash. They do have some GM stuff, but I don't know what it is. There's likely to be similar solutions out there for your vehicle.

Wireless usually still has a way to have a video input for a monitor in the cab of the vehicle.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

MrWizard
Your talking wireless camera to display

Wired displays are used oem, and do not have that distance problem

The OP asked inferred he was asking about wired, because he would like to use his in dash display
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I had a aftermarket camera system on my 31 foot TT. The distance was a problem. Had to add an extension wire to the camera and mount the transmitter on the front of the TT so it shot right through the back window of the truck. Powered it off the parking lights on the TT.

MrWizard
you need to find out from GM
if there is an AUX video input connector availble and the location

it there is an AUX video input then you should be able to connect almost any trailer cam you wish, using adapter connectors on the new wire you run, from the TT to the YUKON

closed circuit wired video is NOT RF
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
RTCastillo wrote:
It would just not be compatible.

You would have better luck if GMC have add-on (2nd) back up camera that you can install in the RV.

GM does have such a system for the trucks. I've got one on mine. side view cameras, trailer camera, and a front mount camera as well.

don't know if it is available for burb's
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
It would just not be compatible.

You would have better luck if GMC have add-on (2nd) back up camera that you can install in the RV.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
crtdavis wrote:
So I just purchased my Mallard M312 TT and it has a connection to add a back up camera to it. My question is this, I drive a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL, is there any way to connect a back up camera and have the view come through my screen on my truck or will I have to purchase a back up camera kit that has the screen with it? Just trying to see if I can bypass that part.

not likely you can interface to the yukon screen. it is controlled by the body control module and CAN bus most likely (it is on the 2500's). an external camera is going to be an rf transmission that would then need to be recieved and converted to what the yukon accepts then find a way to have that on ALL the time. Not an easy task.

FWIW for the pickups GM does have a trailering camera system with cameras for the side mirrors and a camera for the rear of the trailer that all interface to the BCM and let you pick and choose what you want to look at. It is available from the dealers. a similar system may be available for the yukon.

Another option is on of the Garmin GPS systems with a remote camera input and the garmin camera. I have used this. it is very well integrated into the GPS and they did the camera well along with the ability to mount the remote camera RF transmitter on the trailer tongue for best reception.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that the cameras would have to operate on different frequencies, that the screen would have to be able to receive both frequencies and that there would have to be some way to switch which frequency the display screen is monitoring/displaying. There are units you can buy that have multiple cameras with a monitor that can do this but I doubt there is an added to your existing system that is capable of doing this.