cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't uninstall a program

DKean
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to uninstall Advance system repair. It just keeps me going in circles. Windows 10,Mozilla fire fox browser. Verizon fios.
We now have a 2018 Ford Explorer,2wheel drive.
11 REPLIES 11

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Dave5143 wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
CCleaner (**** Cleaner) is a reasonably safe cleanup tool that has an uninstaller function under the tools tab.
I've uninstalled more of some stubborn software with it before, and the CCleaner program itself uninstalls clean as well, in my experience. It can also clean up registry entries related to the unwanted programs.

Don't know if CCleaner will eliminate potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) but if you choose to use it beware of another PUP going around that calls itself CC Cleaner that falls into the unwanted, hard to get rid of category.
Usually Google is your friend to find websites that give instructions on eliminating these nuisance programs. They contain links to tools that specialize in killing them off for good.
May I suggest downloading and running Malwarebytes at www.malwarebytes.com to help find and eliminate some of the easier to remove PUPs? I've been using it for a few years now and it's a good tool to have in your toolbox.

No uninstaller is perfect or easy to use.
Malwarebytes included.
I've also used it for years and it's missed it's fair share of PUPs.
AllegroD's offer of support and/or the System Restore options are probably better options, at this point.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
CCleaner (**** Cleaner) is a reasonably safe cleanup tool that has an uninstaller function under the tools tab.
I've uninstalled more of some stubborn software with it before, and the CCleaner program itself uninstalls clean as well, in my experience. It can also clean up registry entries related to the unwanted programs.

Don't know if CCleaner will eliminate potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) but if you choose to use it beware of another PUP going around that calls itself CC Cleaner that falls into the unwanted, hard to get rid of category.
Usually Google is your friend to find websites that give instructions on eliminating these nuisance programs. They contain links to tools that specialize in killing them off for good.
May I suggest downloading and running Malwarebytes at www.malwarebytes.com to help find and eliminate some of the easier to remove PUPs? I've been using it for a few years now and it's a good tool to have in your toolbox.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Download the FREE version of Revo Uninstaller.>>>>HERE

I've had good results with Revo uninstaller. Another one I use on my other laptop is IOBIT uninstaller. Also very good and thorough. Hard to say if one is better than the other, but I lean a little bit towards IObit.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
To uninstall the program from Windows 10:

Open the Start menu.
Click Settings.
Click System on the Settings menu.
Select Apps & features from the left panel
Select the app you wish to uninstall.
Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Contacting Us

If you would like to contact us for any reason, please contact us as described below:

Advanced System Repairs Inc.
Attention: Privacy Policy
21163 Newport Coast Dr. Suite #502
Newport Beach, CA 92657

Email: support@AdvancedSystemRepair.com

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
The easiest thing to do in this case is to restore the system to a date prior to the installation of Advance system repair. A good plan to follow is to always create a restore point before making any significant changes to your machine. In this case, you could have labeled the restore point something like "Before Advance system repair Install". If your lucky, there will be a restore point made automatically.

If you don't know how to do this simply display your desktop and press the F1 key. Search for Restore Point.

If you want a good troubleshooter for windows, google The ULtimate Troubleshooter.

Good luck
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer

However, as was mentioned, some of these things will just not uninstall without a fight, and that requires a bit more digging around in the machine's innards, and some manual action which might not be safe for someone unfamiliar with PC software structure to try.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
coolmom42 wrote:
Go to your Control Panel (search if you need to) and look for Programs and Features. Highlight the one you want to get rid of and click un-install.

I suspect the OP already HAS tried that and it has not worked..

Besides, that only works on SOME LEGIT programs that follow the proper procedures.

If you have been around the block with computers for a long, long time you would know that there are a lot of programs that are designed to PREVENT you from easily uninstalling..

Folks get themselves into a bind with "fixit" programs that are supposed to speed up, cleanup and are supposed to help keep your system clean.. They are nothing more than virus and malware and as such often install extra unwanted software, add toolbars, hijack your browser and such.. These programs often will go as far as not providing any uninstaller and often will block your attempts to uninstall or remove them.

From the research I did about this program looks like it is not easy to remove, takes multiple steps and many of the steps are done manually.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Go to your Control Panel (search if you need to) and look for Programs and Features. Highlight the one you want to get rid of and click un-install.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Download the FREE version of Revo Uninstaller.>>>>HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
If this is a program that you installed recently, you could do a system restore and not change much on your computer.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it is what I found it looks like it installs a bunch of unwanted garbage programs from a quick Internet search..

Try the instructions in the link below to see if you get anywhere..

WIKIHOW UNINSTALL ADVANCED SYSTEMCARE7

If version 7 isn't what you have, try looking at the search I used to locate those instructions..

HERE

Must be careful of these types of "cleaning" programs, often are a lot like virus/malware and difficult to get rid of.