cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can you recommend a Rear View camera, please ?

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
The rear view camera on our Class A partially stopped working after hitting a bump in the road in CA. Some features still work...but no picture of what is behind us. It is a ASA Voyager VOM78 system from 2003...black and white. Will try and check all the cable connections......but we would like a new, color, WIRELESS rear view system.

Looked at websites but the wording Back-Up and Rear View are used interchangably, it seems. Don't want a Back Up....Rear View is needed.

Any thoughts, please....?

Thanks
Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L
5 REPLIES 5

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Well this is great news. I just got mine this spring and Im thinking I will now remove the camera for the winter. Its not junk to me yet.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck with the Furrion.

Bought ours in 2016, and it worked great for the first two seasons.
FURRION

This spring something happened to the lens, almost like a coating degraded, and now the video is fuzzy and basically not usable. Contacted Furrion which was a job in itself. Per Furrion.. no parts are available, this model is discontinued, it's out of warranty, too bad for you, so we suggest buying our NEW MODEL which starts @ 450.00.

I was not looking for a freebie, but wanted to purchase only the camera itself and not the entire system.

Interestingly the model that is discontinued is still offered on Amazon and is listed as "Amazons Choice" LOL. (link above).

So take your chances and if you already have the Furrion junk I wish you the best. The new "Vision" model appears to use the exact same camera that failed BTW.

Furrion stuff is garbage. Perhaps THIS is one of the reasons.

I also had a 32" Furrion TV that came in our 17 Rockwood. I pulled it and put it in our spare room as the picture quality was terrible. It died within two years.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Make it 3 for Furrion. The only thing I didnโ€™t like was the windshield mount for the monitor, so I made a dash mount for it.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I also have a Furion and am very happy with it. Very easy install.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Furion observation camera and very pleased with it.