cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Challenges in obtaining DirecTV receivers

swages01
Explorer
Explorer
We recently acquired a used Class A. It is equipped with a Winegard High Definition SWM3 antenna. All we need are the boxes so that we can plug in and start service. We have been working with DirecTV for almost 6 weeks trying to get those boxes. And, unfortunately, each time we call, we get a different tech representative and each one gives us a different solution. We have been told that we have to have an installer come out - DirecTV schedules an installer and then for some mysterious reason, the installation order gets "cancelled" on their computer and no one shows up. This has happened 4 times. By the way, we know that we don't need an installer and this is NOT a house installation - this is an RV that we store in a separate location from our house. Then even though we specifically need 2 H25 boxes (in order to be able to fit them into the small spaces designated in the RV) - we keep getting H24 boxes without remotes which we then have to ship back. I find it incredible that it requires this much effort to get RV service. We know that much of this is poor customer service from DirecTV but is there anyone out there that has been able to accomplish what we are trying to do?!?!
12 REPLIES 12

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
That the box from home

Nope, never been to my house. Has only been in my camper 180 miles away. I bought it specifically for the camper.
I had a SD box in the old camper with a old tube TV. New camper came with a LED TV and the SD looked bad on the LED TV so I Bought a HD box just for it.

I do have the slimline dish at camper too, which I also bought up north just for the camper.
I do get my home locals at camper too.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
That the box from home
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck_thehammer wrote:
srt20 wrote:
I walked into a DTV retailer, told them I wanted HD receiver. They went in back, got me the receiver. I gave them $100 and left. Took 5 mins.

be careful here..

in SC.. I did that for a Hd antenna.. non-genie..
he wanted $499.50 for it.. I walked.

I got one from above link for 55. plus shipping.. like 12..

Yeah I went online to see how much MSRP was. I went to retailer and they told me the same price, so I bought it.

To be honest, the retailer I bought the actual dish from a couple years earlier was no longer a DTV retailer. The told me of another place that took DTV over in that area. I went to that place, and they informed me that they were no longer a DTV retailer either. But that the place across the street was a retailer. So I did end up going to 3 different stores. But they were all within 2 miles of each other.

This was all for my seasonal camper that is 180 miles from my house. BTW I use my house account at my camper.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
srt20 wrote:
I walked into a DTV retailer, told them I wanted HD receiver. They went in back, got me the receiver. I gave them $100 and left. Took 5 mins.

be careful here..

in SC.. I did that for a Hd antenna.. non-genie..
he wanted $499.50 for it.. I walked.

I got one from above link for 55. plus shipping.. like 12..

swages01
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone. Good advice.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart online has them.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Agree. Go to a DTV agent.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.solidsignal.com/search.asp?q=h%2025%20receiver

try here.

Directv does not like RV's..... I use the box from home..

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a PM.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
swages01 wrote:
We recently acquired a used Class A. It is equipped with a Winegard High Definition SWM3 antenna. All we need are the boxes so that we can plug in and start service. We have been working with DirecTV for almost 6 weeks trying to get those boxes. And, unfortunately, each time we call, we get a different tech representative and each one gives us a different solution. We have been told that we have to have an installer come out - DirecTV schedules an installer and then for some mysterious reason, the installation order gets "cancelled" on their computer and no one shows up. This has happened 4 times. By the way, we know that we don't need an installer and this is NOT a house installation - this is an RV that we store in a separate location from our house. Then even though we specifically need 2 H25 boxes (in order to be able to fit them into the small spaces designated in the RV) - we keep getting H24 boxes without remotes which we then have to ship back. I find it incredible that it requires this much effort to get RV service. We know that much of this is poor customer service from DirecTV but is there anyone out there that has been able to accomplish what we are trying to do?!?!

call Solid Signals at 877-312-4547.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Go to best buy or call a local private contractor. They will set you up in a hurry.