Explorer
Explorer
I guess a deluge of these gizmos are coming;

PC World
4 REPLIES 4

strollin
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps I have never encountered HDCP protected content because my Android mini-pc has been able to play anything that I've tried. Things like Netflix, Crackle, YouTube and Google Play videos have been no problem.

I don't know which is a particularly good or bad one, I've had this one since the beginning of the year: Tronsmart Prometheus

It's been reliable for me, for something that cost less than $100, it has met my expectations.
Me, her, 2 boys & 2 girls
'05 Chevy 2500HD LT 4x4, D/A
Reese Dual Cam HP
'04 Wilderness Advantage 290FLS
Twin Honda 2000s

"I'd rather wear out than rust out!"

See our pics here

schneid
Explorer
Explorer
None of the Android sticks I have seen are HDCP compliant. I don't think they will play protected media. I can already connect my S3 to my TV via HDMI and control it with a BT mouse and keyboard and it will do protected content.

I've watched android sticks for awhile and in addition to the HDCP snag they don't seem to be very reliable. Can you steer me to a good one.

strollin
Explorer
Explorer
Chromecast is not in the same league as the Android mini-PCs which run the full Android OS and run Android apps just like a phone or tablet. Plug in to an hdmi socket, add a USB hub in order to connect mouse and keyboard and you have a fairly capable, basic PC capable of internet browsing, email, word processing, etc...

Dell is late to the party with its offering.
Me, her, 2 boys & 2 girls
'05 Chevy 2500HD LT 4x4, D/A
Reese Dual Cam HP
'04 Wilderness Advantage 290FLS
Twin Honda 2000s

"I'd rather wear out than rust out!"

See our pics here

The USB Android sticks have actually been around now for a few years. It looks as if some major companies are just now starting to get around introducing their versions.