Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DirecTV Error 775 (SAGA CONTINUES)

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
DirecTV Genie with TravLer

Last night everything fine. Not touched during the day. Turned it on and get the 775 error.
  • Checked every coax
  • Checked power inserter-have green light
  • swapped power inserter
  • re aimed Travler...at least tried to but it can't find the satellites! Keeps searching. Wide open field and has worked fine for 4 days.

Also pulled power and rebooted HR44-200.

Could it be a bad LNB?
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
41 REPLIES 41

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. Didn't want folks to think I posted and disappeared. Got the new LNB and installed it. Travler just spun around looking. Still get 775. Moved to New location today. It couldn't find a bird and for the first time says "No LNB voltage". Im gussing i need to continuity/voltage check all the coax.

Enroute Lazy Days Tampa for a rally and will get on the roof there. Will report.
Hickory, NC

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, I have not had any HDCP issues as I have a Trav'ler (DirecTV original hardware) and an HDMI directly from the HR54 Genie to the TV.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
Bill

hr23/600
Have no clue what happened.
Have you had the dtv hdcp problem?
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Belgique wrote:
OP here. Didn't want you to think I asked and then disappeared. 23volts at the Trav'ler. Everything works with my tripod dish. Ordered a new LNB...$18 is worth it. If its not the LNB I'll have a spare. Will report back when I install the new LNB...it'll be a few days.

I can't remember. Which Trav'ler do you have? The older SK-3005 with the SWM8 hardware upgrade or the newer (2014 or newer) SK-SWM3?

The newer one. Got it in Feb'17. The LNB is a SL3S4NR2-14
Hickory, NC

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Belgique wrote:
OP here. Didn't want you to think I asked and then disappeared. 23volts at the Trav'ler. Everything works with my tripod dish. Ordered a new LNB...$18 is worth it. If its not the LNB I'll have a spare. Will report back when I install the new LNB...it'll be a few days.

I can't remember. Which Trav'ler do you have? The older SK-3005 with the SWM8 hardware upgrade or the newer (2014 or newer) SK-SWM3?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beaker wrote:
Very strange! After typing the above went to watch tv, said looking for signal, went to menu and it had reset to swm. Switch back to multi-switch and its now downloading guide. No power outage or anything.

One of my receivers showed that a reset was required. Maybe yours did it automatically and then needed to be reset to multi-switch. What model receiver do you have?

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Hickory, NC

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
Very strange! After typing the above went to watch tv, said looking for signal, went to menu and it had reset to swm. Switch back to multi-switch and its now downloading guide. No power outage or anything.
2010 Cruiser 26RK

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know anything about the Traveler but my receiver, when the power goes off, will reset to swm and I need to reset to multi-switch when powered back on.

Either a 775 or 771 error.
2010 Cruiser 26RK

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
ealyon1 wrote:
I can't remember if it's 775 or 771 that I get when I move to a new park, but I have to call Direct TV each time I move to give them my new 'service address'
As Bill said, that's only for local service. Your other channels will be fine. Supposedly DTV doesn't like it if people change their service address too often.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim wrote:
tripod,dish,strength meter and compass.
I don't need a meter anymore. Beeps are back.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
X2 with Bill.Satellite: all my DirecTV channels (202 and up) come in no matter where I am (AZ, for instance). For networks, I just put up the Batwing and aim it. All my "services": (Ant,Cable, Sat, DVD player) go thru a passive switchbox. Just push the button you want.
Why would one want, for instance the Philly weather when in Phoenix?

Just what I do. And....i have just the basics: tripod,dish,strength meter and compass. Take the box out of the house and put it in the RV. Pay the bill every month, ask no questions tell DTV nothing. And that = no problems.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is no reason at all to call DTV when you change locations UNLESS you are also trying to get the local Network channels (ABC, NBC, etc.).

ealyon1
Explorer
Explorer
I can't remember if it's 775 or 771 that I get when I move to a new park, but I have to call Direct TV each time I move to give them my new 'service address',the address to the park I'm at. I wasn't made aware of that when I got the dish, but it corrects the issue every time.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's certainly the Trav'ler as the Trav'ler will lock on even if the receiver is disconnected. You are not locking on. LNB and coax are the most likely issues but it could be the power inserter as well.
It could also be the electronics inside the Trav'ler but let's hope it's not.