cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Directv RV Account will they make service call?

Fishy_Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My friend has a Directv RV account and a home Account. He is going to be in RV site for 5 months and his older directv dome satellite is not HD.

QUESTION: Can he call them and ask them to set up an outside satellite dish? If so, what will it cost?. Have had trouble getting to the right person to speak with apparently.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Fishy Old Man
13 REPLIES 13

Fishy_Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replies. Good info.

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
We have had DirectTV come to our RV site a couple of times when we couldn't get all our channels. They were quick and helpful. We use the portable dish and tripod. We do pay $8 a month extra for this service, worth it for us.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Fishy Old Man wrote:
My friend has a Directv RV account and a home Account. He is going to be in RV site for 5 months and his older directv dome satellite is not HD.

QUESTION: Can he call them and ask them to set up an outside satellite dish? If so, what will it cost?. Have had trouble getting to the right person to speak with apparently.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Fishy Old Man

Like said, go to a local (to the campsite) DTV retailer/installer. Buy the dish and all needed stuff. Have them set the hight and angle at the store. Then all he has to do is set the left and right.

Thats what they did for me for my seasonal site. I literally had signal within 1 min.

BTW I bought new dish and it was under $150

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Too bad you are not closer to where I live. I have a DishTV Satellite dish and tripod I'd give you. The dish has all 3 eyes. We quit DishTV some time ago. I gave away my receiver and my Tailgater to some else. Setting up the dish is not all that complicated. If you have the equipment, you can do it yourself.

Your Dish network triple LNB dish will not work for DirecTV reception.

Oh! yea! I didn't catch that... to much brain energy at work today I suppose. Should have seen "Direct"... sorry. Well, I still have it if someone want's it.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Too bad you are not closer to where I live. I have a DishTV Satellite dish and tripod I'd give you. The dish has all 3 eyes. We quit DishTV some time ago. I gave away my receiver and my Tailgater to some else. Setting up the dish is not all that complicated. If you have the equipment, you can do it yourself.

Your Dish network triple LNB dish will not work for DirecTV reception.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Fishy Old Man wrote:
If so, what will it cost?.
A lot more than setting a pole himself.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes they will but its going to cost.

DirecTV DOES have their own installers. They use contracters a lot but they do have full time installers. You can request them and they are way better than the contractors.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

MeandMyLabs
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I have not done this but I have seen many who had Direc Come out and install a dish.. NOTE: DirecTV does not actually have any installers.. all Installs are done by licensed contractors.. NOT direc, but "Joe's Television" or some such.

Contact a licensed contractor in the area you wish to park and ask them.
(A DirecTV dealer).

Option B:
DirecTV sells a "Disaster Recovery Kit" consists of a Dish, LNB, Tripod and coax.. Almost everything you need
(you need a way to get the coax to the receiver)

If you are comfortable running cable. GO-4-IT

I have looked before and cannot find a "disaster recovery kit" on the Directv website. Where are you finding this? Link?
2017 Salem Hemisphere
2009 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.0 L

Fishy_Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have not done this but I have seen many who had Direc Come out and install a dish.. NOTE: DirecTV does not actually have any installers.. all Installs are done by licensed contractors.. NOT direc, but "Joe's Television" or some such.

Contact a licensed contractor in the area you wish to park and ask them.
(A DirecTV dealer).

Option B:
DirecTV sells a "Disaster Recovery Kit" consists of a Dish, LNB, Tripod and coax.. Almost everything you need
(you need a way to get the coax to the receiver)

If you are comfortable running cable. GO-4-IT
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Fishy_Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128, thanks for the reply. He would like someone to come and set a satellite dish on pole. Does that change anything?

Thank you for your consideration.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
No.
The dome is probably not made or sold by Direct so they cannot/willnot work on it. He needs to find an independent service guy to come and check it out. If he knows its dead then for around 150 dollars he can buy a complete dish tripod package.

From recent experience even if he has a service contract Direct will not work on an RV.