cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Playmate hookup

dfddeere
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2021 Forest River Surveyor Luxury. I have tried to hookup a Dish Playmate to the outside cable connection but it doesn't play on the TV's inside. Is there a filter on the cable line that keeps the signal from getting to the receiver?
6 REPLIES 6

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Wally with a Playmaker dish, if only I would have known a Playmate was available. :W

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
dfddeere wrote:
I have a 2021 Forest River Surveyor Luxury. I have tried to hookup a Dish Playmate to the outside cable connection but it doesn't play on the TV's inside. Is there a filter on the cable line that keeps the signal from getting to the receiver?

The Dish Playmate is a smart satellite dish that has to be hooked directly to a Wally receiver via coax cable. The Wally is then hooked to the TV via an HDMI cable. Hooking the Playmate directly to the TV get you nothing.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
I could never get my portable dish to work when hooked to the cable connection. I had a technician put in a dedicated connection that went directly to the receiver and it worked perfectly.
2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Odds are your RV has splitters in the cable coax. Satellite antennas will not work with splitters in the coax. As stated above they must have a direct coax connection between the antenna and the receiver.

MrWizard
Some Sat dishes are powered by the receiver,
They need a direct cable connection to the receiver, no switch boxes can be In the line
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
I am not an expert on this, but my trailer has two hookups, one for the cable, and another for the satellite. I don't know what the difference is, but it works.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'