cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Pro Premium

georgem2106
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone bought the new Pro Premium tailgater? If so, your thoughts. I see it comes with only 50' of RGB. Especially interested to know if it has the limitation of being only 50' from the receiver?
8 REPLIES 8

ghiotom
Explorer
Explorer
It would be nice if you could use it with a Hopper!
2018 Sprinter/Thor Four Winds 24HL

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If you want full eastern arc coverage, something I do suggest for the best aiming opportunities, take a look at the Winegard Pathway X2.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

georgem2106
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. I will keep my money in my pocket.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
The quality of the cable has much to do with signal loss over distance.

I believe that the Pro does both eastern and western satellites, is that the reason for buying that model?

The Pro only uses the eastern arc 61.5 sat. It still uses the western arc 110 and 119 sats for other programming.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Quality and length of cable is also important in providing power.

Robocop
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if it is a typo or not but the description shows "using Western and Eastern satellites (110/119/129 or 110/119/61.5)". I always thought it was 110/119/129 and 61.5/72/77. However, I fooled with the original Tailgater more than a year too long before realizing it was only worth being a door stop unless one was in an open field or parking lot. I understand the Pro is more versatile. Been using the Pathway X2 for several years and even in Canada, 4 hours North of the border in the middle of forested nowhere I get decent reception running as much as 150' of good cable when needed.
Scott

2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V toad

"Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes."
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
The quality of the cable has much to do with signal loss over distance.

I believe that the Pro does both eastern and western satellites, is that the reason for buying that model?

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that is about it. Once you get it set up and a good signal, you could try a longer section of coax, and check if you still have the same signal. In my limited experience, it has more to do with the connections than length. I carry a 35' length, and a 50' length both. Have tried connecting them with poor results.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.