Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish tailgater users

Motor_City_Swag
Explorer
Explorer
New Tailgater user
I used my dish tailgater all summer but now it's time to disconnect the programming until the next time we use the motorhome how do I stop the service? Do I have to call in to end it or if I don't pay for the next month will it automatically shut off with out any repercussions?

Motor City Swagman 2000 Bounder 36S
Ford V-10, Banks Power Pack w/ TC,
BrakeBuddy,Davis Tru Trac,Safe T Plus,Aventa II & Xplorer Sport Trac

:W
12 REPLIES 12

greenrvgreen
Explorer
Explorer
I've done it both ways. Not paying is easier, but you do pay for the remainder of the month you're in, which you presumably don't want. Calling will get your service stopped that day if you say "CANCEL". If you say "SUSPEND", you will begin paying five bucks or so per month that you don't need to. CANCEL is the way to do it.

Either way, for the next thrity days Dish will pretend you're actually a deliquent customer. If you call them back they will assure you it's OK, but if you restart your service within that 30 day period, you will pay for all the previous days your service was off, as if you had never cancelled. After 30 days, you're fine.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
BB_TX wrote:
AllegroD wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
If you're on the "Pay-As-You-Go" plan, all you need to do is not pay next month's bill. You may receive a couple of reminders, but just ignore them. All it takes is a phone call and the next monthly payment to restart service when you want it.

This is so wrong!!!!
You will end up paying for service you didn't use! Call and tell them you want to cancel your service. Billing stops immediately and you will have that partial months credit available when you restart service. Make sure you cancel service as a pause or suspension will result in something like a $5 monthly charge.

Not so wrong. It does work as Dutch says. Been doing it for years.

This is only wrong if you signed for auto pay thru a credit card. If you did not give them permission to automatically charge your credit card each month, you can just not call to pay for the next month and they will shut off your service until you call to restart it.

Correct. Never used autopay.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
BB_TX wrote:
AllegroD wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
If you're on the "Pay-As-You-Go" plan, all you need to do is not pay next month's bill. You may receive a couple of reminders, but just ignore them. All it takes is a phone call and the next monthly payment to restart service when you want it.

This is so wrong!!!!
You will end up paying for service you didn't use! Call and tell them you want to cancel your service. Billing stops immediately and you will have that partial months credit available when you restart service. Make sure you cancel service as a pause or suspension will result in something like a $5 monthly charge.

This is only wrong if you signed for auto pay thru a credit card. If you did not give them permission to automatically charge your credit card each month, you can just not call to pay for the next month and they will shut off your service until you call to restart it.

I don't like paying for something that I never used, if you stop using early or middle of a billing period you pay for two or three weeks of unused programming! Before we started full timing, we would use for a weekend, sure don't want to pay a full month for three days use.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
wtmtnhiker wrote:
NEOK wrote:
You can call or use the Dish online chat. We've done it both ways without any problems. Be aware that when they turn your service back on if it has been inactive for a while they may have to download some information to your receiver to get it started.

Chat is how we always do it, seems to work better for us. Sometimes we have a hard time understanding the person on the phone or we have a bad connection since all we have are cell phones. Yes if you don't use it for a while you may have to ask them to do an authorization hit to your receiver but I'd assume they would do that upon turning it back on.

We assumed that too but found out they didn't when we activated ours. It was a qucik fix from Dish when we contacted them.
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
NEOK wrote:
You can call or use the Dish online chat. We've done it both ways without any problems. Be aware that when they turn your service back on if it has been inactive for a while they may have to download some information to your receiver to get it started.

Chat is how we always do it, seems to work better for us. Sometimes we have a hard time understanding the person on the phone or we have a bad connection since all we have are cell phones. Yes if you don't use it for a while you may have to ask them to do an authorization hit to your receiver but I'd assume they would do that upon turning it back on.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
AllegroD wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:

This is so wrong!!!!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd call. Saves the monthly fee.

When you turn it back on you might have to call in for an authorization reset.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
rhagfo wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:

This is so wrong!!!!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dutch_12078 wrote:

This is so wrong!!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Call them and they will stop it. if you want to use it the next day or week call them back. Its just a flip of a switch for them
Dennis Hoppert