cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Travler 1000 had trouble aiming

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We’ve had this installed for over 3 years and it works great. They did change out the standard LNB so it would work with our hopper 3. We always undo the cable when the travler aims and after it locks on all 3 sats we turn off the travler box and hook on the hopper. Anyway,, the issue is that we were parked in trees for about a month so it was not used. Yesterday we tried it and it took 3 tries before it got all 3 sats. However it is still weird. For example, the Fox News channel is SD only. When we try to look at signal strength it showed 70 for sat 119 and no numbers for 110 and 129. However the boxes on that page do show all green checks and we do seem to be getting all channels. An hour later it showed 20 strength in 110 and no numbers for 119 and 129. What gives?
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
7 REPLIES 7

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
If the Winegard control box is not showing an * next the sat number. It is NOT A DISH Satellite problem.

If you are looking at signal level on your dish receiver, then do the "Test Installation" under Diagnostics, "DISH 3"
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check you manual or download the manual from Winegard.com.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
No trees. We are near Spokane Washington. What is the calibrate EL on the travler. Never heard of it
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
After no use for a month I would certainly call and have DISH so a reactivation on your receiver. However, you have to have a good signal to the receiver for that to work. What part of the Country are you in? There are some dead spots in the Central Northern parts of the US. If there are ANY trees nearby the span to catch all 3 satellites is about 20 degrees of sky. If you have not yet done so, I would also recommend redoing the Calibrate EL routine on your Trav'ler.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a DirecTV user and I've been setting up manually for 20 years but I have been fooled more than once, thinking the trees were not in play when they were. Usually I get one or two sats, barely and try everything before I finally move the dish.

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not used for one month.
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
In some cases the Fox News being SD only may be due to "Other issues" not your equipment (or not)

If your receiver has not been used for a long period you need to get Dish to update it.

As for the antenna... It don't take much in the way of trees to block the signal.

And I've seen 'em fail to lock on due to Radio Interference as well,.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times