cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Factory "Camera Ready" Questions

vonzoog
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design offers a camera prep package on most of their 5th wheels. I'm guessing by the looks of them that it is a Furrion brand. My questions are:

1. Is this nothing more than a power wire provided at the camera mounting location? Therefore the camera must broadcast a signal from the back of the 5ver to the receivers location in the truck.

2. Is the camera "hard wired" to a transmitter in the front of the 5ver and then transmitted to the receiver in the truck.

3. Does it work in either of the first two questions?

4. Are they worth the money,

Thanks,
If you have to ask why I drive a Diesel, then you will never understand.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW
Cummins(370/800) 68RE Auto 3.73 Rear
2018 Momentum 376TH
5 REPLIES 5

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
My new Coachmen came standard with the Furrion mounting bracket and wires pre-installed.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

2Macs
Explorer
Explorer
By the way, the Furrion system is a wireless system. No wires are needed to run between the RV and tow vehicle or inside a motor home.
Ed & Michele :C

2Macs
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Furrion rear view camera system on my TT. I purchased it through EBay at a price significantly less than the retail price. I use it to see what is behind me when moving down the road and when I back up the TT. When passing, I use the camera to determine when I have sufficiently cleared the vehicle passed to pull back in. For the purposes of watching what is going on behind your RV, it is the perfect tool.
Ed & Michele :C

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely it is just some wires.
With today's trucks coming with factory trailer cameras, not likely you will be able to use it.
I moved my tailgate camera to back of my camper and Ford is seem to use their own design plugs, so I had to manufacture the extension.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Good question for these guys:
go to the source

Grand Design
Recreational Vehicles

574-825-9679 (Customer Service)
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro