cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fixed - Winegard Carryout Satellite Cable and Connector GM52

atesch
Explorer
Explorer
FIXED! Winegard Carryout Satellite Cable and Connector. Replacement for cable GM52. I have found a nice power connector that should not have the issues the Winegard power cable has. CNLINKO 2 pin power connector male plug and female socket waterproof outdoor IP67 You just need to remove the original power connector and enlarge the existing hole to accept the new socket (do not remove too much material). Cut the wires off the original socket and solder to the new socket. Always keep the "hot" wires on the #1 pins. Drill the 4 small holes to bolt on the new socket. Seal the socket and the original mounting screw holes with silicone sealant. You then need to attach the cable connector to your old cable or new wire of your choice (I used a 75' outdoor extension cord and attached the connector ends) - watch the polarity - hot on pin #1. The center of the cigarette lighter 12V connector is the hot connector. Link to the connector info
3 REPLIES 3

atesch
Explorer
Explorer
To answer two questions.
There are no connectors exposed, everything is well recessed. Not an issue.
I'm not sure the connector will clamp the original cable tightly. I went to a thicker/longer cord. 50' has been a limitation in many environments and I've tried to extend the original cable, but the loss is too much on the thin cable and so I went with a modified extension cord. The Cnlinko connector grips this cable tight.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent idea!

Will the cord connector grip the original power cord good and tight? Using the female connector on the cord makes a lot of sense.

I wonder how Winegard will react if I send one modified with this connector back to them for service? Their original heatwrap setup really sucks and their connector is awful.

I've sent two of them back and they sent new cables back with both of them. I'd have sworn my old cables were good when I shipped it off to them.

Just a note: When my CarryOut stopped working, after much consternation, I shipped it back to Winegard for repair. They actually replaced components on the circuit board to repair it. The price of the parts was insignificant. I didn't know anyone made board level repairs these days and figured I have to pay for a new board.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like an excellent connector. One minor issue is that you have exposed male pins that will have power on them. A better choice would be a plug with female pins.

Like this one

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN