cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Go Pro camera

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know you RVnet people are the smartest. Wanted some suggestions please. My husband is thinking he would like to put a camera on the motorcycle to film trips. This would be just for us to watch later. We have no plans to put them on utube or anything like that. Without breaking the bank, what kind of camera would we need, so we could plug it into our laptop, or our TV to watch later.
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
10 REPLIES 10

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using an Akaso for years and like it just fine. Lots less money than a GoPro. I've used it underwater too!

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought an Akaso and it just came yesterday. Gonna try it on the motorcycle today
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Gopro 11 but sent it back after seeing youtube video's of it having overheating issue's. This issue apparently affects the older Gopro's as well. The rubber body entraps the heat and after about 20 minutes it starts clipping and go's out. I bought an Akaso for much less money and I also have read reviews that the Insta-360 is very good.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to go realy wild with filming look for 360ยฐ camera

https://www.insta360.com/jp/

Amazon has some too btw

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Try using your phone camera before you buy anything extra.

BAD IDEA.

Cameras on smart phones are very susceptible to get ruined by motorcycle vibrations. I know this because I'm a motorcycle rider who has seen other people have their phone cameras wrecked because they mounted it on their handlebars.

A GoPro or another action camera idea is best.

I mounted one on my helmet Here's one video of mine from a few summers ago
That's possible I guess. Not seen any damaged, but I suppose it could happen.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
When my wife was alive we'd take cross country trips and she would use her cellphone to film from the back seat. She took some wonderful videos and photos. No vibration when handheld. I've even been known to put my bike on cruise and take my own pics.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
The GoPro is best choice, even an older less expensive one.

I have lots of videos, that I still watch sometimes. What I liked best, was the buddy system. We traded off, taking turns mounting the GP while following each other. Did lots of canyon dancing, recording often at triple digit speeds. The GP even did an excellent job recording/following each other on dirt bikes, single track, rocky trails, and through the creeks.

Jerry

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was in the same position. Wanted a good camera but the trend was pointed at the over priced GoPros.

I ended up purchasing this camera I have linked to.
The photo quality is excellent.

AKASO V50 Pro

edit:

Sorry the American link is here.
Amazon
Comes with motorcycle kit.

AKASO V50 Action Camera With Motorcycle Bundle

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:
Try using your phone camera before you buy anything extra.

BAD IDEA.

Cameras on smart phones are very susceptible to get ruined by motorcycle vibrations. I know this because I'm a motorcycle rider who has seen other people have their phone cameras wrecked because they mounted it on their handlebars.

A GoPro or another action camera idea is best.

I mounted one on my helmet Here's one video of mine from a few summers ago
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try using your phone camera before you buy anything extra. You will likely find you're not really going to watch those movies anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚ I put one on mine, and watched the first couple cause I thought it would be neat. But I watched a couple, but never did really get enthused with it.

An older GoPro can be had for not a lot of money. No sense in spending big bucks for the latest and greatest until you decide if you'll stick with it. Used ones are common, because people thought the same thing as you, and found they didn't use it much after all. ๐Ÿ™‚ Check Facebook marketplace for a good place to start.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"