cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyony upgraded to Android 13 on cell phone?

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Folks,
My phone forced me to upgrade to android 13 about three weeks ago.

I get an annoying message appearing when I close apps down telling me how many closed and how much memory has been freed up.

I really do not need to know this and it is more annoying as this message box at the bottom of the screen appears for about 4-5 seconds.
Not a deal breaker but annoying.

T-mobile tells me to call motorola,
Motorola tells me to call google.

Anyone experience what I describe and anyone know a work- around?
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
11 REPLIES 11

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
No not a hardware but a ROM issue. Most of the android Operating system is is flash ROM but some is is straight ROM (Read Only Memory. FLASH can be reflashed but the part that is hard wired can not) Motorola put those notifications in the hard not the firm part

But it might be an app you installed or that Motorola installed. Part of the ****-ware that comes with all computers these days.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
@ wa8yxm,
So you think it is a phone hardware issue?
It was not happening before the Android 13 update a few weeks ago. I noticed this only after that upgrade.

I got the phone at no cost to me by switching to T-mobile.
I like the phone, it does everything I need...
...and this "notification" thingy does not inhibit anything, it's just annoying.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
d3500ram wrote:
Thanks for the responses...

Essentially, Mortorola told me that they are aware of this idiosyncrasy. I quizzed them as to why I could not find another person who is experiencing the same thing. (hence, me asking to the many folks here.)

They said that it will be more common as people get new phones with the updated OS. They said there is nothing I can do about this. My phone is about 6 months old (that is when I got it.) They said older phones when updating OS will not see this.

I think, when your Cell provider lets you.. You need to upgrade to Samsung if they can not fix it.

And let batwing international (Nick name for Motorola) know you plan to do that .

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I didnโ€™t see anyone else responding that had a Motorola phone. One of the โ€œbenefitsโ€ to Android is the ability for hardware companies to build specific versions of the OS. Same for the telco companies all in efforts to set their offering apart from the others. Itโ€™s one reason it takes so long for customers to adopt the new OS.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the responses...

Essentially, Mortorola told me that they are aware of this idiosyncrasy. I quizzed them as to why I could not find another person who is experiencing the same thing. (hence, me asking to the many folks here.)

They said that it will be more common as people get new phones with the updated OS. They said there is nothing I can do about this. My phone is about 6 months old (that is when I got it.) They said older phones when updating OS will not see this.
I am no computer whiz but it sounded like bunkum to me. I hope I described properly what the situation is and they truly understood.

I sort of agree it is an app notification setting, but what app is it? I have looked at what I think it could be. I stopped by two T-mobile stores and the reps in the store (at least 40 years younger than me-LOL) and they thought the same thing but could not identify the app with which it might be associated.

Here is an image of what I am describing:

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look through all of the "Notifications" settings and see if there is one for Android or system notifications that got turned on with the update.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do not see that "annoying message" on my 'droid13
Might be a performance improvence app you have on the phone reporting it
Or it might be a setting you can toggle.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I too, had to do that update on my 13 and don't see those messages.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Samsung 22+ on 13 and no such messages.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
I am on 13 (no idea when that happened) and don't see anything similar on my Samsung S21. A recent update does show any programs running in the background when I use the 3 vertical bars at the bottom to close any open program. Very rarely is anything listed as I close all apps when I am done using them.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:
Folks,
My phone forced me to upgrade to android 13 about three weeks ago.

I get an annoying message appearing when I close apps down telling me how many closed and how much memory has been freed up.

I really do not need to know this and it is more annoying as this message box at the bottom of the screen appears for about 4-5 seconds.
Not a deal breaker but annoying.

T-mobile tells me to call motorola,
Motorola tells me to call google.

Anyone experience what I describe and anyone know a work- around?

I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy A51 to 13 some time back, and haven't seen anything like that.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate