cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HDMI 4 X 4 Splitter Switch over Cat5/Cat6

Keily
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any problems with this matrix switch? I have one in my motorhome (2 yrs old), got up one night and all the blue led lights were flashing on the display panel. I turned the unit off until morning, when I tried to turn it back on everything was dead. I tested the power supply transformer and there was zero voltage coming from the transformer and I could smell that familiar burnt smell from the transformer. So I assumed that the transformer was bad, after a long search I found another transformer, the exact specs as in the manual for the switch, plugged it in and the exact same blue led lights flashing on and off repeatedly. So I guess the unit itself is bad. There is no warranty on the unit so I decided to take it apart, there is only one printed circuit board inside the unit, there is no serviceable parts inside, I was hoping there might a loose jumper or something like that, but nothing. But what I noticed mostly was there is no reference to who makes the unit, no names on the box anywhere, I contacted Winnebago and they told me that Pace electronics makes the unit, I tried to contact them, and they wouldn't help me at all. Their response was that they mass product the units and sell them to companies, not to the general public. So now I am on my own.

I have been looking for a replacement switch, I have found there is an exact same switch available from a company called Monoprice, I looked at the unit on line and it is exactly the same as the old one I have , even the manual is same. I assume it as well is made by Pace electronics. When doing research on the produce I have read the reviews, and they are mostly negative, people report the exact same condition as I have had, all the blue led lights flashing at once and no output from the switch, and they report that the unit lasted almost 2 years.

So my question is this, are there another others our there with the same problem, and if so what did you do? I am looking for a replacement but I would like to purchase one that will last longer than 2 years.

Thanks for any advice you can provide
4 REPLIES 4

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
On the Winnebago forum on irv2, there are extensive discussions on the matrix switch. On our 2016, we've had the flashing blue lights several time upon power up. I called tech support for the matrix switch. Their solution was to unplug the power transformer and plug it in again. Sometimes takes more than one try. They also admitted that the transformer sometimes needs replacing.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Keily
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from General RV'ing forum.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad