cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HP EliteBook 8730w and Bluetooth -- Blood Pressure Monitor

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I have a old flip phone so talk of a smartphone is not an option.

I have a HP EliteBook 8730w windows 7 64 bit OS laptop computer.

I have never used Bluetooth.

I need a new blood pressure monitor. I thought I could find one that would connect to my laptop PC by a USB cable so I could download my BP readings to my PC. It appears that most if not all BP monitor that allow the transfer of readings use Bluetooth to download the readings to another bluetooth device ie smartphone.

Question 1. How can I tell if my HP EliteBook 8730w has a built in Bluetooth feature? I know I can buy a USB Bluetooth adapter for a few $ on ebay, but do I need one is the question.

Question 2. Any suggestion on a software program to chart my BP reading?

Question 3. Any recommendation for a Blood Pressure Monitor?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
8 REPLIES 8

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently the OP's computer has Bluetooth, but he will need software to interface with the blood pressure monitor.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

MrWizard
Well looks line the op is golden, good to go
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
If it has WiFi it has Bluetooth. The same chip handles both functions.

The previous poster that linked to a review, Bluetooth 2.0 is listed under specifications.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Costco sells one name Microlife, about $40. and includes the USB cord and a small DVD (which i think contains the software).
No DVD on my laptop so i had to download the app.
Anyway, the microlife records up to 99 readings which can be downloaded to the laptop.
And it's very accurate.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:
I chart with a simple spreadsheet (open office) on my Winbox.
But I just type the numbers in.. Way easier.

Yes, I thought about that, but since I take my BP 4 to 6 times a day and I am lazy.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I chart with a simple spreadsheet (open office) on my Winbox.

Go to settings.. if there is a bluetooth icon Looks a bit like >B but sharp angles on the B.. then click on it. if it opens and has an on/off turn it on. Then if it comes on and opens another box it's there.. NO Adapter you should NOT have the icon.

Optional get another blue tooth device (Speaker/headset/your phone) and try to connect to the laptop's blue tooth (you will have to do the above first) if the connection is successful.. You are golden.

But I just type the numbers in.. Way easier.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A smart phone is just a small laptop that can also make telephone calls. Many solar controllers no longer have remote displays....you use your phone with an app. Homes are run by phones with an app. Your swimming upstream will become more and more difficult. Similar to being unable to read. The world is not going back to where you are now.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MrWizard
blue-tooth is not listed in features or specs in this review

https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/hp-elitebook-8730-w

the BP monitor likely needs an APP on the phone to transfer the data
PC transfer may not be option even with BT, unless there is set protocol and instructions, Excell or text file

options:
obtain a android smart phone or tablet
does NOT have to be activated on a cellular plan , for the blue tooth to work
download the APP to your device using your home wifi

maybe BT adapter to PC will work, verify PC ability with some Documentation ?
what does the BP monitor instructions say
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s