cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I want a Sat system

JTLance
Explorer
Explorer
If you wanted a SAT system, but have no sat system at home, and only used occasionally, what service/system would you get?

I own a truck camper and am not afraid to spend money.

Thanks for any suggestions.
12 REPLIES 12

JTLance
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to all the kind and spot-on help. ๐Ÿ™‚

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
JTLance wrote:
If you wanted a SAT system, but have no sat system at home, and only used occasionally, what service/system would you get?

I own a truck camper and am not afraid to spend money.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Another benefit of having dish at home like we do, is that when you take your receiver with you any recorded programming goes along as well. To watch, no antenna needed. I have quick connect leads with plenty of length so I can connect or disconnect our Hopper from home or rv in about a minute. Works well and costs nothing extra, and we get all the programming on the road we get at home.

BTW, when switching locals, I have found calling the tech support not the usual csr works very well. (Option 4 on the phone menu)
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

TheLuvShack
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the great ideas. I'll try both the website and phone again. This first four months with Dish has been a real struggle.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch_12078 wrote:
lanerd wrote:
TheLuvShack wrote:
Dish For My RV is a real PIA. Dish customer service is terrible! I always need to call customer service more than once to start service, stop service or program local channels.

You know that DISH has a Chat Line on their website, don't you? It is MUCH easier to get info, change locations, tech service...etc. than getting that guy from India/Philippines on the phone to understand what you need/want. I have always found excellent service in a very timely manner by this method.

X2... The chat service has always worked well for us. I don't remember the last time I actually spoke with a CSR at Dish.

In addition, all Dish RV/outdoor accounts are now routed to Advanced Technical Support when you call in. All Advanced Tech Support reps have also recently undergone three full days of training on RV/outdoor accounts. Things have been going much better the past six months or so for us.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
TheLuvShack wrote:
Dish For My RV is a real PIA. Dish customer service is terrible! I always need to call customer service more than once to start service, stop service or program local channels.

You know that DISH has a Chat Line on their website, don't you? It is MUCH easier to get info, change locations, tech service...etc. than getting that guy from India/Philippines on the phone to understand what you need/want. I have always found excellent service in a very timely manner by this method.

X2... The chat service has always worked well for us. I don't remember the last time I actually spoke with a CSR at Dish.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
TheLuvShack wrote:

Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dish pay-as-you-go is really your only option. Pay no attention to the random poster that as any particular service is a PIA. There are disgruntled customers of every business ever opened.
I have also traveled all over the PNW and had DirecTV service everywhere we stopped. You just might need to make a call ahead of time to ensure the place you plan to park has "satellite" sites available.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

TheLuvShack
Explorer
Explorer
"If the women don't find you handsome, they better find you handy". Red Green

Daryl

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for Dish in your situation. Dish offers HD with their mobile equipment and antennas - DirectTV does not. With the Flex Pack, you can pick and choose the types of channels that suit you. You can also "hybernate" the account when you're not going to use it for several months. We pay $37/month for all the HD channels we want plus $10/month for locals wherever we are.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

JTLance
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for those suggestions.

Also, thanks for the heads-up on the PNW area issue. (insert wink here)

JT

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
dish flex plan pay as you go

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Hi JT,
You need to decide what is important to you. No sat at jome I assume your a cable kind of person? Have you considered switching to sat tv? If you have no desire to switch at home then Dish pay as you go is your best choice. If you were to go sat for home, then you need to decide what is important to you. Direct has the best sports packages. Other than that its a toss up. Cost after the first year will be about equal for either. As for antenna, Dish you can get one of the portable domes, or go with either and use a standard tripod mounted open faced dish. What ever you choose a automatic roof top is a poor choice here in the PNW. Trees will hinder or prevent reception.