cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

iPhone to Tv

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
I want to watch Netflix on my tv while camping. I have an unlimited data plan with ATT for my phone but it limits hotspot data to 15G. If I hook my phone up to my tv via an hdmi adapter and watch Netflix, will this count as hotspot usage or as part of my unlimited data.

If using the hdmi adapter counts against my hotspot, can I buy Apple TV and mirror my phone to the tv and avoid hotspot usage data limits. Thanks for anyone using ATT who has done this.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
7 REPLIES 7

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am a fan of Appletv 4K. I stream from my phone often. No router required.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Both Amazon Prime and Netflix will allow some of their content to be downloaded to a mobile device. I think that is a better solution than streaming.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Just download any movies onto the phone while your at home on the wifi...

Then when camping, just plug and play... no wifi needed as long as the movies are already downloaded... I do it this way every time I travel..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
That was the info I needed. A google search was confusing.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Me too, Jorbill.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MrWizard
phone unlimted data, NOT Hotspot feature
only the phone is connected to the internet
the video from the phone display is transferred to the TV via hdmi cable

NOT wi-fi hotspot
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is how we do it if needed .. with the hdmi adapter to the phone. It does not count against the hotspot Data and is just off the phone as if not connected.
Bill