cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jensen In-Command

Mesteve
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for thoughts and reviews on the Jensen In-Command system and seem to come up empty on all of the sites I've tried. I'm pretty sure it's brand new (which is why I'm nervous) but at least it isn't from Lippert. I'm. It saying Jensen is much better, but, did I mention they aren't Lippert?

Anyways, if someone has a new RV, or even has had the opportunity to poke around with it for a bit, and would share some thought and insights I'd appreciate it.
2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Dually w/ Hijacker sliding hitch
2017 Raptor 425TS
4 REPLIES 4

herrmanj
Explorer
Explorer
My In-Command by Jensen finally took a **** after only 2.5 years. Got the white screen of death and resetting it would not fix it. Called my local mobile repair guy and he didn't even know what the thing was. Called my local dealer and they wanted me to wait six weeks before I could bring it in. Called ASA Electronic who makes the device and they said I could mail it to them with some basic information and they would test it. If broken, they would replace for free. If not, they would resend it back to me.

Oh, did I mention.. Your RV will be dead without this device. No water pump, no slides, etc... Kinda wish they just left it to simple none technical devices to operate the RV.

Georgia_Popcorn
Explorer
Explorer
.......I just purchased a 2017 Keystone Outback 312BH with the IN-Command system installed. For the tech enthusiast and IT professional such as myself, I do love it,but I can be a little critical about it.

First of all my dealer never did a full demo of it for me during purchase, they never explained how to pair the system to a cell phone or even where the manual overrides are if needed. I myself can figure this out easily, but the average consumer may need help with this....

I just purchased a 2016 and my CW people did not walk me through it either!

THANKS SO MUCH for your info, I logged onto the electronic's site, they had a youtube video that showed me how to bluetooth link my phone and set the floorpan up (making what I am seeing on my phone, is the same as I see on the inside screen and the thingy works like a top! Although I kind of think this JENSEN thing is mostly for A CLASS, but still it's real neat to be able to set the whole thing up from outside, like lowering my stabs, I can stand outside while the feet come down and position my 2X10 supports under them... Also as I put my slide outs out, or put them in, I can monitor their movement. As we come back from walking in the evening, I can turn my security lights off or on....A great option from KEYSTONE, and clearly a technology that is up and coming for all campers!
2019---35M THOR Hurricane
2016 Cadillac SRX Toad
Blue Ox

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mesteve wrote:
I'm looking for thoughts and reviews on the Jensen In-Command system and seem to come up empty on all of the sites I've tried. I'm pretty sure it's brand new (which is why I'm nervous) but at least it isn't from Lippert. I'm. It saying Jensen is much better, but, did I mention they aren't Lippert?

Anyways, if someone has a new RV, or even has had the opportunity to poke around with it for a bit, and would share some thought and insights I'd appreciate it.

Hmm..

Did you read your own thread in IRV2 forum?

Form the several responses in that thread it looks like a half baked product not ready for prime time from a brand name that has no "quality" left in it..

To me, why bother?

A RV has such a small footprint and you can pretty much touch each wall fully stretched out.

Sometimes there is no real advantage to having gadgets just to be able to say you have gadgets..

Old fashioned manual wall switches rarely fail, do not need rebooted nor do they need Wifi, Internet, DCs, CPUs, tablets, OSs or firmware updates and are not subject to virus's, malware, adware ect..

Keep in mind, when it fails, it fails and when the manufacturer decides to dump it or they get bought out, ALL the parts supporting that system go into the abyss..

Save your money or spend it on something really nice like a 70" big screen TV to hang on the outside of your RV..

rpeterslll
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 2017 Keystone Outback 312BH with the IN-Command system installed. For the tech enthusiast and IT professional such as myself, I do love it,but I can be a little critical about it.

First of all my dealer never did a full demo of it for me during purchase, they never explained how to pair the system to a cell phone or even where the manual overrides are if needed. I myself can figure this out easily, but the average consumer may need help with this.

To do bsic functions like turn on lights, using a touch panel will take even longer that a simple switch since you need to wake the panel up with a button and then find the light button, but in the dark it's very helpful to have a lit-up touchscreen to see the buttons as I never could see the buttons well with manual switches in the dark.

The Bluetooth connection to the phone is nice, but there's isn't great range to it. When lowering my power stabilizers, I've had the Bluetooth connection drop off on me if I'm 10 feet from the control panel. Plus it would be nicer to only have to press a button on the panel or phone just once for a function to work, rather than having to hold your finger on the screen for several seconds. Again the dealer should have paired this to my phone for me as there is a bit of a learning curve to it that the average consumer will have a tough time with, if they even figure out it's possible.

The IN-Command control panel has locked up on me at least 3 times now, forcing me to re-boot it by holding down the power button. This is particularly annoying since it took me a minute to just turn on some lights because I had to reboot. I spoke to ASA Electronics about the system lock ups and they are aware of the issue and said they are working on a software update that will address this, but they didnโ€™t have a date or even a notification system to let its customers know when it's ready. I now have to check this site sometimes for the update here.
https://www.asaelectronics.com/in-command

The interface gets the job done but it looks clunky and unpolished, it needs some better visual features to make it look like a modern digital interface. Scrolling on it isn't as smooth as it is on your phone so that part is a slow too.

Considering that it controls alot if useful items, there's alot it doesnt control that would have been useful. It does not control my AC or heat, front tonge jack or front exterior lights, or rear bunkroom lights. Why they decided not to integrate the furnace and AC is beyond neglectful.

I think itโ€™s a step in the right direction for RV's, but the system just isnโ€™t polished yet, and now that I've committed to it with my Keystone Outback, there's no going back to physical switches.

If anyone has any comments or questions, I'll be happy to address them on this thread.