cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Malwarebytes Forced Trial

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone updated their Malware bytes lately? It forces a 5 day trial of Premium. No way I could find to remove it or block auto startup.
25 REPLIES 25

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I used CCleaner and have for years. Nice program, Have it on my Android phone too...and it's freeware.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
sherlock62 wrote:
braindead0 wrote:
az99 wrote:
It would be real nice if they informed you what you are going to get when all you clicked on to do was an update. Be honest and tell the customer they are being forced to use the premium version for a trial period.

The program also auto starts at boot and you can't disable it in startup of Task Manager.
You most certainly can prevent it from starting up, it's either in one of the startup folders, a windows registry Run key or (less likely) being launched as logged in user by a service.

Try running msconfig, that should give you a handy user interface to disable startup of anything. Be warned you can disable startup of necessary items using this. Start with the 'Startup' tab, sort by Manufacturer and you should find it easy enough. Uncheck, follow instructions..don.

All this is not necessary! All you have to do is right mouse click on the Malwarebyte's icon in the task bar and then remove the check mark where it says Open when Windows starts.
Or simply uninstall the free program if you don't like the conditions.. that's pretty easy.
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
braindead0 wrote:
az99 wrote:
It would be real nice if they informed you what you are going to get when all you clicked on to do was an update. Be honest and tell the customer they are being forced to use the premium version for a trial period.

The program also auto starts at boot and you can't disable it in startup of Task Manager.
You most certainly can prevent it from starting up, it's either in one of the startup folders, a windows registry Run key or (less likely) being launched as logged in user by a service.

Try running msconfig, that should give you a handy user interface to disable startup of anything. Be warned you can disable startup of necessary items using this. Start with the 'Startup' tab, sort by Manufacturer and you should find it easy enough. Uncheck, follow instructions..don.

All this is not necessary! All you have to do is right mouse click on the Malwarebyte's icon in the task bar and then remove the check mark where it says Open when Windows starts.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just keep in mind, some folk are less technical than others.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:

2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:

More misinformation from az99.. Someone needs to double check stuff before posting crapola here.

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Has anyone updated their Malware bytes lately? It forces a 5 day trial of Premium. No way I could find to remove it or block auto startup.

At any time after install, all you need to do is to go into Malwarebyte's "Settings" and then there, go to "My Account". Now, you just click on end trial (trial is ended) and you then will be running the free version of Malwarebytes. Can't blame Malewarebyte's for trying to get you to try their paid version.

So much mis-information in this thread... geeeeez, wake up guys :M

az99
Explorer
Explorer

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Yes, it forces you into a premium trial....if you don't sign up and pay at the end of the "trial" period it automatically switches you to the free version...
Yep, nothing wrong with that. In fact, I just downloaded Malwarebytes yesterday.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it forces you into a premium trial....if you don't sign up and pay at the end of the "trial" period it automatically switches you to the free version...
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Did you download the wrong version? I used it about one month ago without issue. Searching for it just now, I found the standard and Premium versions. Maybe they did combine them and you find out the hard way.