cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Proven Chromebook & Printer Compatibility

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone tell me the brand of chromebook and printer that they know are compatible and can be used for reliable printing.

Brother and Samsung are the printer brands I have been investigating, but all the reviews speak of chromebooks that will not work with that brand. Some work, some do not. I'm looking for a combo that someone has proven will work.

All the seller descriptions tell you how easy it is to connect the chromebook and printer, but many reviewers say not.
6 REPLIES 6

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a laptop; can' get confidence in these things printing.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Brother MFC-L2700DW and an Asus C100P Flip Book that work fine via cloudprint.
-- Chris Bryant

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I'll just get another laptop. Spent several hours reading reviews of most popular laser printers; Brother, HP, Samsung. About half the people who mentioned chromebooks said they had lots of trouble, or could not set up the printers to print from chromebooks. Being an old dinosaur, doubt I would be in the successful half.

Thanks anyway, guys.

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know the model of Chromebook, but I set up google cloudprint on a Samsung color laser multi-function printer model C460W for a relative last year, overall worked well, but it did stop working at one point a few months ago and I had to delete its registration with cloud print and reregister it to get it going again.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am not sure any Chromebook/printer combo is compatible. My Chromebook is not designed to run a printer. instead it uses "Cloud Print"

So how do I print from it?

Well when I am in the motor home it is easy. I have my own "internel" net either via a hotspot or via park wi-fi.. Line drawing below

Park)))))) nano station=====router)))))orubnterm, chronmebook, laptop, and nore.

Well the laptoip (Windows 10) runs the printer.. The chromnebook prints to the laptop.

This is 'Native' to the Chrome Operating system so all chromebooks should

Printer is a Canon Pixima a couple years old. Not sure ..Hold on MG5400 per the driver.. But I do not think it much matters since it is the WINDOWS machine that actually does the printing.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
5thwheeleroldman wrote:
Can someone tell me the brand of chromebook and printer that they know are compatible and can be used for reliable printing.

Brother and Samsung are the printer brands I have been investigating, but all the reviews speak of chromebooks that will not work with that brand. Some work, some do not. I'm looking for a combo that someone has proven will work.

All the seller descriptions tell you how easy it is to connect the chromebook and printer, but many reviewers say not.

The unfortunate thing with Chromebook and printers is that Google decided to accomplish printing a different way.
The key is if the printer is Google Cloud Print compatible. The brands of printers that have done this fairly well are HP and Epson. If the printer is listed as Google Cloud Print Ready then it will connect to any Chromebook that also runs the Google Cloud Print service. The biggest problem people have is configuring the service correctly.

This is a you tube showing basic setup for the cloud service.
Cloud
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI