cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement for Magnadyne LS5000DVD

bkenobi
Explorer
Explorer
My 2007 NL TC came with a Magnadyne LS5000DVD stereo. I've decided to get a TV, so I want to set the DVD player up with it. When I tested things, the DVD stopped working within 5 minutes. Canned air got it working for 20 before it glitched to a stop. I'm going to try cleaning the internals, but if that doesn't work I'll be swapping it out.

Magnadyne recommended the RV4800 as a close match. It's slightly bigger so I'll have to widen the opening in the wall. It also seems to have a different wiring harness despite what they claimed, so it will have to be rewired as well. I like the idea of Bluetooth as much as anything so I can easily get audio from a phone or whatnot over the TC speakers.

But, since this isn't a direct slide-in replacement, I thought it would be a good idea to ask for other options. The LS5000DVD has the disc mounted vertically so I don't think the majority of units will fit as they will likely be too deep and hit the inside wall of the closet in the cab-over.

Anyone have other thoughts?
1 REPLY 1

bkenobi
Explorer
Explorer
Since no one replied, I sourced a RV4800 (Amazon). The manual is ok for the RV4800 so I know what each pin is, but the LS5000DVD is not clear nor are my wires labeled. I may have to do some wire tracing to figure it out if no one has a pinout. Magnadyne has been asked and will hopefully respond.