cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RoadTrip SDi - In-Motion Satellite System

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
2009 vintage Winegard is unfortunately no longer supported. My lightly used Road Trip will no longer lock onto the signal. It does find the signal, and if not moving, quickly switching power when signal shows will allow use. It appears that there is a minor failure on the circuit board that causes it to go back to searching. Has anyone found a source for a used board from a removed unit?

Failing that, the newer antennas have a smaller foot print so any ideas on using the same mounting attachments? Thanks for a reply from anyone having gone down this road.
6 REPLIES 6

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
BUMP
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
What the OP is trying to say is that the Road Trip works "in motion". The problem is sitting still the mechanism will not "sleep" on the signal. He has to immediately power down when it finds a signal otherwise it winds up and does a restart over and over.

I recognized these symptoms. I know it seems backwards but I can enjoy satellite when parked only when I switch off the 12 VDC supply as soon as it gets a signal. Driving down the road my wife can enjoy Criminal Minds with only the normal interruptions.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are likely suffering from the issues created when Dish changed the way they send their programming and this is causing issues with the older domes for both DirecTV and Dish since they both use(d) the 110 and 119 satellites as well as the 101 required for DirecTV reception. What makes you think it is a minor board issue? Due to these changes, it's unlikely the dome will ever work again in-motion unless you can actually see and identify and issue on the board(s) inside the control box. The other bit of bad news is that Winegard never supplied any of there electronics to dealers or resellers so the only electronics source is Winegard so if they say they don't have them or will not provide them it is unlikely you would find one somewhere else.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, DirecTv

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Mine, of the same age, is doing the same thing. DirecTv
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you trying to use this antenna with Dish or DirecTV?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?