cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Satellite Finder app for IPhone

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dish Tailgater and I am trying to find an app to enable my iPhone to locate the satellites so I know where to find a clear path. Any suggestion for a free app that will do this?
Thanks
20 REPLIES 20

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
I also purchased the Dish for my RV app, and it seems to work great !! Thanks for all your suggestions.

Is there some reason that you paid $4.99 for an app that does the same thing as the free SatFinder Lite? :h

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I also purchased the Dish for my RV app, and it seems to work great !! Thanks for all your suggestions.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
JimR 1 wrote:
Hello again

Well I purchased the app Dish for my RV and it seems to work well, I can see 6 satellites 3 for the east and 3 for the west if I am correct. Will see how it does in the future

JimR

it'll work just fine...no worries.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Hello again

Well I purchased the app Dish for my RV and it seems to work well, I can see 6 satellites 3 for the east and 3 for the west if I am correct. Will see how it does in the future

JimR

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
JimR 1 wrote:
Thank You rk911 that looks good. I see you have Verizon I have AT&T but assume that will make no difference. At 4.99 it is not bad I have spent more than that on Coffee.

JimR

other than not having service at your campsite choice of cellular provider makes no difference.
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Thank You rk911 that looks good. I see you have Verizon I have AT&T but assume that will make no difference. At 4.99 it is not bad I have spent more than that on Coffee.

JimR

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
JimR 1 wrote:
rk911 wrote:
Kountryguy wrote:
I have a Dish Tailgater and I am trying to find an app to enable my iPhone to locate the satellites so I know where to find a clear path. Any suggestion for a free app that will do this?
Thanks

the Dish For My RV app uses your phone's camera to show where the Dish birds are. we use it all the time.

On the Dish for my RV does will that give you a look at the sky and see the Sats and obstructions?

Thank You
JimR

yes. activate the app, point the phone towards the south/southwest and look at the screen. you'll see what the camera sees and the app will show you where the sats are.

this is what it looks like. i just took this from inside our house.

Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Community Alumni
Not applicable
rk911 wrote:
Kountryguy wrote:
Thanks

the Dish For My RV app uses your phone's camera to show where the Dish birds are. we use it all the time.

On the Dish for my RV does will that give you a look at the sky and see the Sats and obstructions?

Thank You
JimR

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Kountryguy wrote:
Thanks

Ditto here I have the same question and have been looking for the past couple of days.

JimR

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
I use SatFinder Lite, the Winegard app will not work correctly on my iPhone.

2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!

yamerhammer1
Explorer
Explorer
SAToolz for dish network is good
2012 F-250 superduty
2014 Jayco premier 361reqs

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
Thanks

Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I use SatFinder Lite, the Winegard app will not work correctly on my iPhone.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Win guard has an app that will locate satellite and antenna signals. Itโ€™s called TV signal finder.