cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shaw, satellite

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
Shaw, satellite, I'm just wondering if anybody is down south. Yet, Florida, Texas, Arizona, if the Shaw satellite is still working.
Thanks for any help
17 REPLIES 17

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Shaw satellite footprint maps:

Shaw Direct Satellite Coverage and Recommended Antenna Sizes
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Florida, all of Southern US and Mexico.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone looked up the coverage area for SHAW SAT... I am guessing South Florida is a lot further south than Texas and AZ...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No one suggested otherwise!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I stand corrected. I'll stick with my tripod though.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winegard Carryout GM-700 for Shaw.
http://www.winegard.com/help/images/6/63/2452211.pdf

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
It's clear. However, I didn't know there is an "igloo" that works with Shaw even in Canada. I know there is a rooftop motorized unit but it's exposed.

I carry a big dish and a tripod. The big dish is overkill.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
MDKMDK wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
I was also told or read somewhere that a full sized dish has a better chance of seeing the edges of the beams, than the smaller paddles that can be found inside the igloos and other fancy little portable units.

The dome style antennas will not work at all in S. US with Shaw. You also have to buy a dome specifically made for Shaw to even have a chance while in Canada.

???:h

Not sure what you did not understand. I thought I was pretty clear.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
North of Phoenix, Az now, and I see 4 Shaw dishes up, so appears that to be working.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
I was also told or read somewhere that a full sized dish has a better chance of seeing the edges of the beams, than the smaller paddles that can be found inside the igloos and other fancy little portable units.

The dome style antennas will not work at all in S. US with Shaw. You also have to buy a dome specifically made for Shaw to even have a chance while in Canada.

???:h
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
MDKMDK wrote:

roy67ss
Explorer
Explorer
It is real simple people. You will get all of the channels that you are subscribed to that are on F1/F2 and nothing from G1. Check this link for channel and sat info.
https://www.shawbroadcast.com/Content/English/ChannelCharts.htm
Roy

2011 GMC 3500, Duramax, Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG with most options

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

CardinalRule
Explorer
Explorer
You can still pick up the programs on Standard Definition but because the US HD programming defaults to the equivalent Canadian HD Channels they aren't available. Most of the specialty channels such as TSN are still available in HD.
Dave

I RV, I Golf - Therefore I Am.

2016 Acura MDX (No More Truck ๐Ÿ˜ž )
Perminent on site 05 Cardinal 36TS