cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Star Link

capn
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed a starlink satellite? Good or bad experiences?
I'd like to know if its worth it before purchasing.
Thanks
2022 Ram, HO Cummins Aisin
Cimmaron | 3H Slant | 17.5 Commercial Wheels Tires

40 Ft 16K GWVR | Full Living Quarters
Rig Pic
4 REPLIES 4

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need a good clear camping / parking spot that has good clear opening in the direction the dish needs to be pointed. If you're in a well treed parking spot, most likely you won't get a connection. The dish does not get pointed straight up.

On the east coast I don't think you're going to find good spots. The further west, due to less large trees, the better you'll probably do.

I have SL in Anchorage, AK and am not overly enthused with it. They launched over 200 sats for this area in Jan and Feb, but it takes 6 months to get them tested and in the right orbit so about July I'm hoping things will improve.

ill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
We have one on our houseboat. Absolutely love it. Iโ€™m on the lookout for a used system to use in our RV.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Search on YT ,many Rvers use Starlink

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
If you search "star Link" you will get a lot of hits.