Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

starlink in the far north

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi All,

A few folks are already online. There are still gaps in the service but that will change as new satellites are launched

https://nunatsiaq.com/stories/article/starlink-announces-availability-in-nunavut/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
5 REPLIES 5

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just looked today and they show coverage for all of N. America.

Still need to see how well it works in the far north but moving in the right direction.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
My Nephew is at

63.74452012599891, -68.49106010520651

He is getting between 25 and 180 megs down. There are still lots of short drop outs but it is 5 times faster than the best ground based system in the community.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent. I'm getting 28/1 in Quartzsite. Love this thing.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
I was just looking yesterday as we are doing alaska next year and I looked it up again today.

Yesterday: According to the official website, coverage moved north about 100miles from where it was a month ago (catching the panhandle and most of BC/Alberta except for the northmost 100miles) and they show the rest having service 1st quarter 2023.

Today: Map is updated. Service is now showing as far as Watson Lake/Seward/Homer. After a dead zone, from fairbanks north they show service to the arctic ocean across all of alaska and canada.

With this update, I think we are getting starlink in the spring.

PS: Interestingly I'm in Europe and the website is giving me the price in Euros. For the RV plan it's 100euro/month and 480euro for equipment (US Price $130/$600).
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Id love his speeds of 25M. I'm in the middle of Anchorage and can't get 10M if I'm lucky. Last Thursday I could only get 1.4M when trying to watch Thursday night football on Prime. So much for that.

I've had my order in for Starlink for 18 monthes and nothing yet.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.