cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tail gater dish TV

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
Where looking at the Tail Gater dish TV. All the reviews seem to be good. I'm looking to hear from personal experience and the most up dated equipment. I called my Dish server and for $7 a month we can activated and cancel monthly. Camping world sells the combo system for about the same as Amazon.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader
8 REPLIES 8

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
8ntw8tn wrote:
I'll just add my $.02 regarding the Pathway X2. I've had one for about 2 years and I'm really pleased with it. One of the selling points was that it has a larger antenna than the Tailgater making it easier to acquire and maintain connection with the satellites. I can't confirm that but can attest to the ease with which it sets up. It's also a bit larger than the Tailgater so it requires a bit more storage space. Hope this helps.

X2.
Our Pathway X2 gets signal more often than our road trip mission even when the two are right next to each other. The availability of two sets of satellites makes finding signal in treed areas much easier.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We've had no issues with our standard "Dish Tailgater". The only time we've had problems was when we were under a canopy of trees with no breaks anywhere.

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
The new King Systems DirecTV sat dish can be switched over to Dish Network and Bell (Canada) This is not true of the new King Systems Dish Newtork dish. So, of the two current selections, you're better off buying the DirecTV dish, even if you plan on using it as a Dish Network capable system. You'll need to buy a conversion kit. The new Tailgater is very small and not as tall as the tiny Winegard G2

King Controls Dish/DirecTV dish supports 2 receivers as does the Winegard G2, so this isn't an issue.

The Winegard G2 is the way to go. You can receive Dish, DirecTV and Bell with the flip of a switch under the dome (no extra equipment to buy)

2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
I'll just add my $.02 regarding the Pathway X2. I've had one for about 2 years and I'm really pleased with it. One of the selling points was that it has a larger antenna than the Tailgater making it easier to acquire and maintain connection with the satellites. I can't confirm that but can attest to the ease with which it sets up. It's also a bit larger than the Tailgater so it requires a bit more storage space. Hope this helps.
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
debraindi wrote:
Where looking at the Tail Gater dish TV. All the reviews seem to be good.

King Controls, the manufacturer of the Tailgater (or VQ2500), just came out with a new version -- the King Tailgater (or VQ4500) which now allows you to connect 2 receivers.

However, you may want to check out Winegard's Pathway X2 as it not only supports 2 receivers, but can also receive DISH's Western & Eastern Arc sats.

The old & new Tailgater can only receive the Western Arc sats.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Not $7/month for the Dish service. If you are planning to add a receiver to an existing Dish account then the $7/month for each additional receiver is correct. The receiver does not care what kind of antenna it's connected to. The good reviews are because the setup is good. You just have to ensure you buy a 211 receiver to work with the Tailgater and get the receiver setup on your existing account.
True the system I'm interested in has the 211 built into it I think its a combo. Thank you, I will need to go and get my hands on one and see what its all about.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not $7/month for the Dish service. If you are planning to add a receiver to an existing Dish account then the $7/month for each additional receiver is correct. The receiver does not care what kind of antenna it's connected to. The good reviews are because the setup is good. You just have to ensure you buy a 211 receiver to work with the Tailgater and get the receiver setup on your existing account.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We've had good results with the Tailgator unless heavy T-storms block the signal.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu