cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

to many gps`s

shannon62
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, we were wondering if any body has used Rand McNally gps for tractor trailers & if so how do you like it? We are trying to decide what kind would be the best for class a motor home, like to tell us low clearance ahead or road construction. Well any info on a totally different gps would be welcome too. Thanks in advance for all your info.
9 REPLIES 9

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
All I can say is "You've been really lucky". There are several roads near our Home Basse here in Western New York with low overpasses and Google always try to route me via them since it's the most direct route.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:
If you're pulling a pop-up or small TT you're fine with Google Maps, but if you're %er is 43' long, 13'6" tall and weighs close to 20K don't even think of following Google Maps or you'll end up in big trouble.
My TH is about as big as they get and I've been all over the US with just Google Maps and the Motor Carriers Atlas. I stay on interstates, US routes and State routes primarily. It's the back-country roads where you can get into trouble.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're pulling a pop-up or small TT you're fine with Google Maps, but if you're %er is 43' long, 13'6" tall and weighs close to 20K don't even think of following Google Maps or you'll end up in big trouble.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

obiwancanoli
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
I've been pleased with a Garmin RV890.

Currently on sale for $100 off, at $399

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
pianotuna wrote:
Many of us use google maps.

Or Waze
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Many of us use google maps.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried a Rand a couple of years ago, once I put on my prescription sunglasses I couldn't see the screen. Was trying to use it on the New York State Thruway and it suddenly gives the message "Unknown Road" and shut down. Returned it and bought a Garmin with a built in Dash Cam. Allows input of height; weight, and length of unit.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I've been pleased with a Garmin RV890.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
I use a tnd 750 in my tractor trailer. I believe that my old rand mcnally was more accurate