cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traffic Subscription with RV760 LMT

RetiredBob
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased this unit, haven't used it on a trip yet, but it's plugged in to the motor home in the driveway. My understanding is that I already have a subscription to the Traffic option and the Traffic receiver is built into the power cord. However, when I enable the Traffic option, it starts "Searching for a Traffic Provider" but never finds one. Does this mean I have to do something else, or is there no Provider in my area?
7 REPLIES 7

CT_WANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
We used ours for the first time this month coming home from TX - Ct. My 760 would give me warning of traffic delays and road work when heading toward major cities. Only problems I had was in programing my routes.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Traffic is not always broadcast continuously in all areas. Mine will receive traffic updates even in the sticks here in Northern Michigan, but only if there's an accident or something causing major backup.

Mine is an older Nuvi model, and the traffic thing is more of a gimmick, when there's heavy traffic, I just get a red traffic icon.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
There is no subscription for the traffic info. It just means that the GPSr has a receiver in it that picks u traffic info transmitted usually in large metro areas

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Mine did traffic delays yesterday on the I-15 north of Mesquite NV - and it was a doozy! 2 miles of heavy freeway traffic funneled into one lane. I have no subscription that I'm aware of.

I've had a lot of routing problems with my unit. Just yesterday I was northbound through Las Vegas on the 215, and the stupid thing wanted me to Exit to Eastern Ave and drive surface streets to pick up the I-15. That's weird - and no, it's not set for shortest distance.

Instead of just "fastest time" and "shortest distance" there should be a "not insane" setting.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

RetiredBob
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, thanks for the replies.

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Ours as well only does traffic in major cities and since we don't live near any or travel through them it never works.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

msgtord
Explorer
Explorer
Probably no provider. Mine only gives traffic info in the big cities.
1995 Fleetwood Mallard 22B.
2014 Ford F250 Crew Cab. 6.2, 4x4.