cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Whats special about propane hose

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
So called "propane hose" is expensive, just wondered whats special about it that makes it expensive.
In my many years of experience, I found propane hose deteriorates faster than some other much less expensive hose.
Many years ago, I ran propane thru 10 ft of automotive fuel injection hose for 12 yrs, after which there was no sign of deterioration what so ever.
6 years ago I needed to plumb propane to 2 Catalytic heaters in my MH, requiring over 20 ft of hose or copper tube. I got to thinking about the so called "vinyl" clear plastic tubing found at all hardware
stores, and asked the head honcho there if he knew of any reason that it could not be used for low pressure propane. He took a real interest in the subject, said he would do a search for any mention of the hose not being used (compatible) w/ propane,....after which he found NONE. Needless to say, I used the vinyl hose, and now 6 yrs later, no sign of deterioration at all, in fact the hose is still as clear and pliable as the day I bought it.

This posted for information from my actual experience.

Any comments from actual experience on this subject are welcome.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.
0 REPLIES 0