cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which Weboost?

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a Weboost to improve phone signals while at a COE campground. I'm not the one to use it...my 13 yo daughter will absolutely DIE if she doesn't have cell service. Which model is best for a single phone? I want to stay less than $150! These are 2 possibilities?

Wilson Electronics

Weboost 3G
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS
23 REPLIES 23

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
3 tons wrote:
Fisherman wrote:
A 13 year old will die if shew doesn't have cell service, grow a pair and get a belt or suspenders to hold your pants up.

A HUGE X 2 !!!! Heaven forbid if she has to interact with other biological units - what have we done to our kids??
She may even learn to enjoy nature without a phone stuck in her ear.:S

our trailer has a TV that drops down into the credenza. It's very rare it ever gets used, occasionally on a rainy night. After a few years of camping our grandkids who had probably camped with us many dozens of times came back from a visit to a nearby camper and said "Grandpa, their trailer is really neat it has a TV!!". It wasn't till several months later the finally realized ours also had a TV.

And they have so much fun doing other things when camping they have never asked to watch TV either.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 tons wrote:
Fisherman wrote:
A 13 year old will die if shew doesn't have cell service, grow a pair and get a belt or suspenders to hold your pants up.

A HUGE X 2 !!!! Heaven forbid if she has to interact with other biological units - what have we done to our kids??
She may even learn to enjoy nature without a phone stuck in her ear.:S
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from tech issues
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

MrWizard
pianotuna wrote:
The ideal booster would have mimo technology.

They do, any model Not a cradle

Allows more than one phone/cellular device to be used at the same time

Do not confuse with " Carrier Aggregation"

Where one device uses multiple frequencies IF available

When it comes to RV use and camping

Carrier Aggregation is something almost never available where a booster is need
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
suprz wrote:
My wife and myself discussed getting a Wi-Fi booster, or cellphone booster and decided that with every new cellphone having the capabilities of being a Wi-Fi hotspot, cell booster is the way to go. But I will be damned if I spend over 400.00 on a booster! I'll wait

Yep .... using the DW's mobile phone as a hotspot works like a champ for us. We tether an iPad and the laptop to the mobile phone in hotspot mode when camping or traveling on the road.

Now ... if only we could afford a cell phone booster plus enough data on the mobile phone's plan -> so that we could stream movies to the RV on rainy evenings! :S
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and myself discussed getting a Wi-Fi booster, or cellphone booster and decided that with every new cellphone having the capabilities of being a Wi-Fi hotspot, cell booster is the way to go. But I will be damned if I spend over 400.00 on a booster! I'll wait
Proud father of a US Marine

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The ideal booster would have mimo technology.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Weboost 460007 and it works just fine.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Weboost 4G-X RV and it works well. I need it for work and get a signal in places I normally couldn't without it.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
penguin149 wrote:
I'm looking at a Weboost to improve phone signals while at a COE campground. I'm not the one to use it...my 13 yo daughter will absolutely DIE if she doesn't have cell service. Which model is best for a single phone? I want to stay less than $150! These are 2 possibilities?

Wilson Electronics

Weboost 3G
That's funny, we had friends that would purposely turn off their kids cell phone service while camping...and tell them sorry we just don't have service out here.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Fisherman wrote:

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
3G is out of date and while you do not want to pay more than $150, you will get limited affect from your suggestions and be rebuying soon. Go 4g.

Take a look here:
Sure Cell Install

Sure Cell

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Most Verizon sites are GSM now, they have largely retired cdma. Sprint is a carrier with a large cdma network still operating.

verizon and ATT still aren't compatible networks and hence aren't letting one roam on the other network. there are many places where only ATT or verizon get us a signal, not both. However if someone has sprint coverage, I usually get verizon coverage and vice versa at least for voice.

Verizon is switching to VoLTE, GSM based but not the GSM/LTE that ATT network is.
voice is on the LTE band rather than the 2g/3g band like CDMA and ATT GSM phones are.

and currently ATT and Verizon use different frequency bands for LTE.

eventually if everyone switches to VoLTE on the same bands then roaming on each others networks will be back.
But our verizon phones are also dual mode, GSM and CDMA.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if boosting will do a dang thing down here. The service is hard wired from the provider to the modem. The plan is the highest speed IZZI offers and comes with television (ugh) or telephone (useless with my hearing).

I do not know the relation between modems and pass-through speed but I suspect there isn't a darned thing I can do about it. The signal is definitely not connected between wired and TelCel telephone. Sometimes when the internet wifi went down the celular wifi would connect.