cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Win 10 remove weather shortcut from taskbar ????

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Windows 10

On the taskbar right side by the date/time is a "icon"- shortcut that shows the weather. Since I connect using my Mobley cell phone service, this weather is for a location 100's of miles from my actual location.

Is there a way to remove this shortcut?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
8 REPLIES 8

CA Traveler wrote:
MS doesn't like my 4 yr old processor and hence no W11. One report indicated that 50% of the corporate PCs aren't compatible with W11.

There are various reasons why upgrades to W11 won't work, in my case it's the CPU IF the MS app is accurate which is questionable.

Thank you, they really won't like my 9 year old processor. I can relax now knowing W11 won't suddenly show up one day when I boot up.

And about the OP, I had to do a web search to figure out how to get rid of yet another piece of MS bloatware I didn't want. I'll do my own weather search thank you.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
MS doesn't like my 4 yr old processor and hence no W11. One report indicated that 50% of the corporate PCs aren't compatible with W11.

There are various reasons why upgrades to W11 won't work, in my case it's the CPU IF the MS app is accurate which is questionable.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
theoldwizard1 wrote:
To turn it off completely, right click on a blank space in the task bar. Click on News and interests. Select Turn off.

I looked 3 days for that. THANKS

THANK YOU!!!
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
My laptop just updated this morning to Windows 11. Now my weather icon is missing, I did try the right click on the task bar but I don't see the weather icon.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
theoldwizard1 wrote:
To turn it off completely, right click on a blank space in the task bar. Click on News and interests. Select Turn off.

It took me an hour of stumbling around !

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
theoldwizard1 wrote:

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
If you click on the weather a box will come up. Click on the 3 dots in the right corner and turn on the "always use my location" switch
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie