cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Pathway

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a Pathway x2,instructions says not out of level more than three degrees.In one foot how much is this.thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
In 3 years of use, I've never worried about that. Just set it up more or less level and go.

One suggestion: Consider getting the dedicated tripod for it ($70 ?).

Not cheap I know BUT it's all aluminum and 1) each of the legs are independently adjustable, 2) gains about 1 1/2 - 2 ft of height which can help as you travel north and the sats get lower on the horizon and 3) maybe most important - gets the dish up off the ground.

The manual says the X2 can tolerate 2 inches of water; more then that and the electronics get affected. At least twice I have been caught in monsoons and ended up with way more then 2 inches of water on the ground. I think that tripod has saved me the cost of buying a new X2 twice for sure.

I also use the DISHFORMYRV Iphone app to find the eastern and western Dish sats in the sky.

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
I have a Pathway x2 that I have used for 3 years now. My experience has been that if it looks level it will work without problem.

X2, eyeball close is good.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
I have a Pathway x2 that I have used for 3 years now. My experience has been that if it looks level it will work without problem.

There you go....could not agree more.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Tailgater before, it can be out a lot and still work,

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
One inch rise in one foot is 4 1/2 degrees, so less then that.
.I looked on the roof chart, .63 of an inch in one foot