cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Travlr SK3005

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Lately my sat is not showing an * by the 110 sat and I'm getting a Direct-tv (HR54-200 receiver) 771 code on some channels but not consistently, does it 1 day then the next it may connect fine. Looking for ideas.

The receiver does not require a power inserter at home but it does in the rv, the Direct tv tech after looking over the rv setup told me it would not need the inserter and how to by pass it but I have to have it working to watch any tv. Ideas
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You do not need it to receive ANY TV programming. If is not currently an issue for DTV or the Trav'ler. Dish 110 is still there as well.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Sailingnuts
Explorer
Explorer
Sat 110 is not been used by DirecTV for quite a while, as I mentioned. The sat could still be in orbit. You do not need it to receive all the programming available on the DTV line up. Anywhere. Please see here:
https://www.solidsignal.com/m/t.aspx?Tag=what-directv-dish-do-i-have
All the best,
RVingnuts
2022 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH Cummins ISL9 450 HP
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 110 satellite is still there and can still be identified. The Trav'ler will still show *110, *101, *119 when properly pointed and without obstructions.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Sailingnuts
Explorer
Explorer
DirecTV stopped using the 110 satellite a while ago. That is the reason the Traveller does not see it anymore. Unfortunately, Winegard does not offer a firmware update to correct the issue. Donโ€™t worry about it. It just takes a bit longer as it keeps looking for it before giving up. The 771 code is due to other issues. Maybe a branch, wire some obstruction.
All the best,
RVingnuts
2022 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH Cummins ISL9 450 HP
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you will give it a try when I get to a clear area.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Start by performing the Calibrate EL routine and then do a new search to see if that helps. Not seeing a * by 110 means it could not find the 110 satellite and it's possible that you are in an area with some trees causing a blockage. If the antenna cannot see at least 2 satellites it cannot properly set the skew and that would cause signal loss as well.
Take a look at the dish itself and see if it is tilted to one side or the other (unless you are in the center of the US where skew is not necessary).
You may also need to check the connections in your SWM8 setup. Between the SK3005 and the receiver you would have installed this switch and Power Inserter (different PI than the one at home) so make sure that equipment is OK as well.