cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dishes for RV

CampinHappy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm scouring the googlesphere and Amazon looking for a new set of dishes to keep in the RV. I don't want melamine since they don't microwave well, but want something big enough for a decent steak and potato and will handle cutting meat on.

I'd like to get a set that at least includes bowls and maybe cups.

Anybody find some they like?

Thanks muches!
CampinHappy
West Texas Region
2021 Premier 29RK, 2017 F-150 pulling it fine
Former covered wagons include:

2007 K-Z Spree 240 BH with triple bunks for my 3 amigos
Formerly a 99 Coleman Niagara PUP
wife version 1.0 (so far :B) 4 boys who have flown the coop ๐Ÿ™‚
35 REPLIES 35

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
MikeDupont wrote:
Crowe wrote:
MikeDupont wrote:
We use paper also.
Call me Captain Evil if you wish- i really dont care what people think.

Ummm. Quite the chip on your shoulder already! No one is calling you Captain Evil. I don't see anyone judging just presenting different views. We all have our standards as to what we think is acceptable resource use.

Was making a joke via taking something to its silly extreme. Sorry if i offended you.

If you use the 'Advance Setting' to post youcan include emojis to let others in on your joke otherwise your post comes across as 'serious' *like yours did)
๐Ÿ˜‰ :W ๐Ÿ˜›

yah, i'm usually just too lazy when i'm being flip tho. hitting that advanced posting button is just SO much effort on us retired folks.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
MikeDupont wrote:
Crowe wrote:
MikeDupont wrote:
We use paper also.

Ummm. Quite the chip on your shoulder already! No one is calling you Captain Evil. I don't see anyone judging just presenting different views. We all have our standards as to what we think is acceptable resource use.

Was making a joke via taking something to its silly extreme. Sorry if i offended you.

If you use the 'Advance Setting' to post youcan include emojis to let others in on your joke otherwise your post comes across as 'serious' *like yours did)
๐Ÿ˜‰ :W ๐Ÿ˜›
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
MikeDupont wrote:
We use paper also.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We mostly use paper plates but have Correll for steak.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
My wife and I are both good cooks and we do most of our cooking outdoors while camping. We have a small metal bin that fits nicely in one of the upper cupboards which we keep all of our cooking necessities in. When we get ready to cook, one of us just grabs the bin and sets it on the picnic table. We bought the bin at Mewnards.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
CampinHappy wrote:
It's not often you seen this level of agreement on these forums :E.

We don't get our trailer till this weekend but we now have a set of Correlle plates and bowls from Wally World.

Now, how about the best way to have a small spice rack? Hmm...any takers ๐Ÿ˜„ ?

https://www.amazon.com/SpiceStor-Organizer-Cabinet-Spice-Clips/dp/B005J9FNTK

Camping World and Amazon also sell small racks that hold only a few bottles. A quick search showed a number of options.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
MikeDupont wrote:
We use paper also.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

CampinHappy
Explorer
Explorer
It's not often you seen this level of agreement on these forums :E.

We don't get our trailer till this weekend but we now have a set of Correlle plates and bowls from Wally World.

Now, how about the best way to have a small spice rack? Hmm...any takers ๐Ÿ˜„ ?
CampinHappy
West Texas Region
2021 Premier 29RK, 2017 F-150 pulling it fine
Former covered wagons include:

2007 K-Z Spree 240 BH with triple bunks for my 3 amigos
Formerly a 99 Coleman Niagara PUP
wife version 1.0 (so far :B) 4 boys who have flown the coop ๐Ÿ™‚

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
So CampinHappy, as you can see, on the question of non disposable dish sets, (I believe that was what you were asking about) Corelle is the standout favorite.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
We use paper also.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
Crowe wrote:
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
Corelle and Dixie for us. We mostly use the Dixie, because who wants to do dishes, and they are almost as durable as regular plates.

I prefer doing dishes over creating trash.

I also had one dish shatter. If circumstances are just right it will happen. I've also melted plastic dishes. Give me something "indestructible" and I can almost guarantee I can find a way to destroy it LOL!

I can appreciate the trash comment, but we have a rear kitchen 5er (actually our second) and have never broken a dish in over eleven years. My DW would probably give you a run for your money on breaking stuff ;). We do recycle when possible, but again, convenience over manual labor. Also, we live in a forest where loggers make a living for a family, and we aren't using plastic that will not degrade. The trees all turn back to carbon, it is just a matter of when.

I could comment about the paper vs. creating more waste water, but we are all drinking water that dinosaurs peed in. I see it as a wash. (Did you see what I did there? ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Gee, thanks-now all I am going to think about when I drink water is I'm drinking dinosaur pee LOL!!

The one problem with recycling is paper with food residue on it such as paper plates can't be recycled (or shouldn't be). Correlle makes a line called "Correlle Nature" that is fully recyclable. I hear ya on the convenience, though. I never minded doing dishes because that's when my son and husband would do a "daddy/son" activity and I got a few minutes peace and quiet. I also didn't mind doing laundry for the same reason.

Maybe your DW and I should get together and have a "breaking contest" LOL!

Douglas Adams

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
Corelle and Dixie for us. We mostly use the Dixie, because who wants to do dishes, and they are almost as durable as regular plates.

I also had one dish shatter. If circumstances are just right it will happen. I've also melted plastic dishes. Give me something "indestructible" and I can almost guarantee I can find a way to destroy it LOL!

I can appreciate the trash comment, but we have a rear kitchen 5er (actually our second) and have never broken a dish in over eleven years. My DW would probably give you a run for your money on breaking stuff ;). We do recycle when possible, but again, convenience over manual labor. Also, we live in a forest where loggers make a living for a family, and we aren't using plastic that will not degrade. The trees all turn back to carbon, it is just a matter of when.

I could comment about the paper vs. creating more waste water, but we are all drinking water that dinosaurs peed in. I see it as a wash. (Did you see what I did there? ๐Ÿ™‚ )
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
dieseltruckdriver wrote:

Douglas Adams

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L