cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Financing for Full-timer, Used RV

Jay_Raz
Explorer
Explorer
I've reached out to my local credit union and checked out Good Sam Loans, and neither offer financing on pre 08 RV's. I'm looking at a 2005 low miles Class A Tiffin that is pricing in the mid 20's. Any recommendations on how to find a loan for this year RV at a good rate? Have a great 800+ credit score and looking to make this my full-time residence.
8 REPLIES 8

mowingman
Explorer
Explorer
It is almost impossible to find a bank or credit union, that will loan money on any RV 10 years old or older. Probably best to plan on paying cash or looking for a newer model.

Jay_Raz
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all the replies. After investigating for a bit, I'm feeling I'm going to up my loan amount and buy a more recent used RV. This makes obtaining a loan easier, will get me a decent interest rate, and also a nicer RV that I'll be living in full time for the foreseeable future.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
You might try Bank of the West, but 9 years old could be a tough nut.

The OP is looking at a 2005, likely built sometime in 2004, so with 2018 models hitting dealers' lots that makes this rig 14 yrs old. It's no wonder lenders aren't interested. :R
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
You might try Bank of the West, but 9 years old could be a tough nut.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
The solution is to look for something newer.

And.....some things that you really want to do just turn out to not be practical/possible.

I got a 6 year old C 3 years ago and.............
The annual maintenance costs have run me about $2K a year.

If you get an older rig and find a loan you can afford......can you also afford the upkeep ??

Try to be practical in your assessment.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Personal loan or what we used to call a Blood Bank.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Jay_Raz wrote:
I've reached out to my local credit union and checked out Good Sam Loans, and neither offer financing on pre 08 RV's. I'm looking at a 2005 low miles Class A Tiffin that is pricing in the mid 20's. Any recommendations on how to find a loan for this year RV at a good rate? Have a great 800+ credit score and looking to make this my full-time residence.

This has nothing to do with you nor your intended use but everything to do with the rig - from a lender's point of view it's simply too old, there's too little equity value left in it to support a loan. The solution is to look for something newer.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest a credit union, but you have already done that. Will the owner finance? How about checking into a personal loan instead of an rv loan? I know the interest is more, but that would get your the $$ and then see if your credit union would re-finance after you own it.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW