cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flashlight

ugh
Explorer
Explorer
Which led flashlight is perfect for camping. Something that is really bright and can see far.
---------------------------------
2001 F250 5.4 3.73
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL
61 REPLIES 61

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been impressed with the Coast brand. They're quality built, but not as expensive as the high end brands. They come with a good warranty.

I've seen some of the models for sale at hardware and big box home improvement stores. Not all models are as good. Look at the lumen output and if they have an adjustable beam.

This is the one I own

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
I still have my service light, retired from FD and now keep this in the trailer!! Great light weight and very bright, has a 12v charger so its ready to go!! its almost ten years old but still as bright as the day I got it!! Also has seen some heavy abuse!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Streamlight-Firebox-E-Flood-C4-LED-Lantern-System-/400779833429?pt=LH_Defaul...

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
Costco has a variety of them from 400 to 1500 lumens. clicky One issue, though is they are generally in muti-packs.

Before I found them in the store, I bought a two-pack from Menards, on sale for IIRC, about $20. Big one is 2xD cell and small one is 2xAA cell. Both are plenty bright. Also I got 4 of their little LED lanterns, free after rebate last year. They seem to run these on special regularly.

I've had a Mag-Lite for years. When the batteries leaked and ruined it, the battery company reimbursed me for the cost of a new one. Upgraded to a 3xD LED and it lights up the whole 1/4 acre back yards.

The tactical ones seem good, but holy cow, I hope I'd never leave a $180 flashlight in the restroom.

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
I also carry this same light every single day. Fantastic. I did a LOT of research 4 years ago when I bought, best value, high quality.

Muddydogs wrote:
It really depends on what you want in a light and what you want to spend. Just a general around the camper light then get a $2 Wall-Mart special but if you want something brighter, easy to carry and will hold up to some abuse then one of the so called tactical lights would work well.

This Quark 4 sevens single AA light has spent the last 5 years in my pocket and is used almost daily. To make it even brighter I run Trustfire rechargeable Lithium batteries in it but in a pinch any old AA works just fine.

2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
I have some of the 3 pack Costco ones that work really well. But if you want bullet proof and recharageable look at something like this StreamLight or Surefire . I have had a Surefire for well over 20 years and it has been a great light, (replacement bulbs are a bit pricey around 20.00) but it all depends on what you want and are willing to pay for.

re-chargeable is nice but costly, the cheaper ones work well but need batteries.

One more consideration is a nice head lamp, I like these the best. Completely hand free. There are several to choose, from a price point of about 10.00 - 100.00
2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
I believe in one of each. HF everywhere I might NEED a flash light flashlight and puck type. Surefire, Costco 500 and 1000 lum. Black light for desert creatures, lanterns both gas and battery, and the lighted flashing red cones for a night break down. IS THIS OVER KILL? Yah but I always have night vision weather it be seeing or blinding someone or thing. Now where the hell are those batteries? LOL

LEN

Explorer
Explorer
Costco - 1000 lumen flashlight. Bright. Sees far. Blinding on strobe.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

Old_Teacher
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Surefire G2. Great, bright dependable light. Buy quality.
Okay,jokes over.
Now bring back the Constitution.
Proud parent of a U.S. Soldier!

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart has the Stanley FATMAX 2,200 lumens rechargeable for $49.99. It is a super bright light.

DAWg134
Explorer
Explorer
eBay sells a variety of high-power CREE T6 flashlight that use a rechargeable Li-Ion battery (similar in size to the non-rechargeable SureFire flashlight batteries) that are surprisingly bright and amazingly cheap.

I've bought several from different sellers based in China and the designs are all remarkably similar - rugged all-aluminum construction and probably made by the same manufacturers but sold under different brands.

This particular one (2000 Lumen UltraFire) comes with both a battery and charger. I'd advise buying additional batteries as quality control on the batteries is not quite as good as the flashlights themselves and about 1-in-4 turn out to be clunkers; i.e., don't charge to the full voltage and/or don't hold a charge.

You can also buy them that are crazy bright (I bought a 32,000 LM light for about $45 including S&H), adjustable beams, multiple LEDs, dual-brightness, etc. Delivery has been anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
I take at least three lights:

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Inova T4r rechargable --- Expensive, but will be the last flashlight you ever buy. Three levels of brighness, long lasting, all metal construction.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I despise anything that uses AAA batteries. They have about 1/3 the capacity (milliamp hours) as a AA and cost the same as a AA battery. I have some from Costco that are bright, but the 3xAAA batteries do not last very long. I'm much happier with these little guys. 1 AA or one 14500 battery. One mode.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
amazon has a good selection and that way you dont have to pay someone to shop in there store like costco