cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Front Brush Guard Bumper Grille Guard

frederick2019
Explorer
Explorer
Got a 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 8 Cyl 5.0L to pull our toy hauler. I want to put a Front Brush Guard Bumper Grille Guard of some sort on the front. I do not believe they make them. Does anyone know of a fabricator whom can make one? I am in Calif. Thanks

PS some places say they have it on google searches but when you get into a specific grille guard it says no not available - hence I think I need a custom person to make it.
14 REPLIES 14

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
frederick2019 wrote:
hornet28 that is really nice - I like the look. I'll run it by the wife. How much for something like that?

Thanks for the compliment. Sorry I would need the truck here as I built it mostly on the truck without a jig. Without the truck or jig to hold in place fitment couldn't be guaranteed. My kid brother was hauling RVs across the country and wanted one that would stand up to just about anything and I built this one for him

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
frederrick2019, They are not cheap, but are pretty darn well built. We went with the Euro headlight bars, which should look right at home on a Land Rover. 😉 We also went with the expanded metal behind guard, across grill opening, may keep an antler or something similar from getting to radiator. Also, did the Rhino type finish....looks good and no rusting through paint. Of course, all those were options, which tacked-on more bucks...which I thought was justified..

I hope that they can fix you up! Good Luck!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

frederick2019
Explorer
Explorer
To memtb I really like that one. I will call them and price it. Thanks so much.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
frederick2019 wrote:
Got a 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 8 Cyl 5.0L to pull our toy hauler. I want to put a Front Brush Guard Bumper Grille Guard of some sort on the front. I do not believe they make them. Does anyone know of a fabricator whom can make one? I am in Calif. Thanks

PS some places say they have it on google searches but when you get into a specific grille guard it says no not available - hence I think I need a custom person to make it.

Contact ArcRite of Del Rio, Tx. They build, one piece ( not modular), heavy duty, tubular guards, with several options available. Call and ask if they do or can build one for your application. We have one of theirs on our Toyota 4 Runner, and one one our 2007 Bigfoot Class C. They are of identical design, only fabricated for the specific vehicle.

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

frederick2019
Explorer
Explorer
hornet28 that is really nice - I like the look. I'll run it by the wife. How much for something like that?

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
How large do you want? All the way across the front or just the center? Integral with the bumper or an add on? If just an add on most are quite flimsy. I had an add on it looked great and was stainless steel so no rusting. However I couldn't stand the way it vibrated plus it would've crumpled if I'd hit a deer. I built this one after taking the add on off. It's 2x2x1/8 sq tubing. The way I built it is the tubing bolts on in place of the factory tow hooks, comes out bent at a 90 degree angle upright goes up and across where the 2 sides meet. Where it's bent at the bottom it's braced top and inside with 2x2 tubing gussets. The hitch receiver is also well gussetted. I then had it powder coated. I also have a pair of high watt lights that mount on the crossbar. I forgot to add, the triangle plate you see on the bottom was put in after I added the second bottom bar and receiver as I also have a 12K winch set-up that can be slid into the receiver. I'm confident it'll hold as I got to far off on the shoulder with a 7K? trailer in tow and both truck and trailer had axles sitting on the ground and a snatch strap around the guard was used to pull it out. That happened before adding the receiver and plate

frederick2019
Explorer
Explorer
Home Skillet - that is a really nice bumper wow! The price comes with a wow too.

frederick2019
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for the great ideas.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
I have pieces from WAAG, in Van Nuys, CA. 818-989-5008
You might check with them and see if they still make them.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can ditch the front bumper and have one of these built.
LINK
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have any friends who weld or that may know someone who does?

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Call a local weld shop and have them build you one.... All it takes is money.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just did a Google search and found several sources for front bumper guards for Range Rovers. I don't know your model or year to get specific information.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not knowing much about Range Rovers, do you have the payload for this, IMO, rarely needed accessory? “Pulling” is seldom an issue. Carrying ability is.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad