cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching these videos could save your life!

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone who drives an RV should have to watch these videos.

RV Tire Information Videos.
http://www.michelinrvtires.com/tires/tires-101/tire-maintenance-and-safety/how-to-handle-a-blowout/
They are about 20 minutes long, so if you have a dial up it may take quite a while. You can request a copy of the video to be sent to you.
190 REPLIES 190

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
On the video he said the driver should react the same way no matter what you are driving or towing.

--Kate in Maine

Don___Lynne77
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the videos information. We just bought our 5th wheel yesterday, will pick it up Saturday (4/7). We have a lot to learn and I am a little scared, but will go for it anyway. One question I have regarding the videos, does it also apply to FIFTH WHEELS? We purchased a TERRY QUARTUM AX6 30RLDS. We will be pulling it with a 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 duelly.
Thank you for any further information anyone can provide us with.

Lynne & Don
Don & Lynne
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually HO Cummins, LB
2004 Terry Quantum AX6 30RLDS 5th Wheel
Husky EZ Roller Hitch 16K
Prodigy Break Controller
2 Honda Rubicon ATV's
(2 Cats who DON'T LIKE Traveling!) 😞

Suljer
Explorer
Explorer
Rodger,

Thanks for sharing and caring enough to post the reference to those very informative videos. I've been driving everything from a Go-Kart to a tractor trailer for the past 40 years and have never been afforded that level of knowledge or training.

Bravo Zulo my friend!
..........\\\\~ ~////.......
...........( @ @ )..........
-------o00o-(_)-00o-----------"RVing is the answer. What's the question?"

"Life, liberty and the pursuit of all who threaten it"

1992 Thor Pinnacle, 30 foot.....worth it's weight in GOLD!

tkkopp
Explorer
Explorer
Very helpful. I would have hit the brake now I know what to do.
Thank you.... TK

FritoBandito
Explorer
Explorer
Good videos!

Just wondering why Michelin would feel the NEED to make these videos? Public service? They're just nice guys? Why DIDN'T Goodyear, Bridgestone, Toyo or another "skins maker" do it? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Could it be, because they have been inundated with claims of their XRV's?

WB8BCO
Explorer
Explorer
If you're on dial up, please visit your local Public Library and watch the video on one of their computers.
Tim Cook Athens, OH
Retired From Ohio University
Salem 27RLSS
Our Travel Page http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~cookt/images/travel/index.html

Westronics
Explorer
Explorer
Rodger:

Can you add the advisability of reading these two documents to your original post? Many folks don't realize what it takes to be sure you are not overloadiug your tires or axles.

http://www.trucktires.com/us_eng/library/downloadables/RV_bro/RV%20Brochure.pdf

http://www.trucktires.com/us_eng/library/downloadables/RV_bro/WeighForm.pdf

kmvbh
Explorer
Explorer
The videos are good,but what about trailers and blowouts?

On the video he said the driver should react the same way no matter what you are driving or towing.

--Kate in Maine

--Kate, widow of Jim, d, 16 Dec 07 (m. 8/87)}
Lauren 7/89; Jack 3/91; Charles 3/94; Elise 7/98; James 7/03; Thomas & Joseph 16 Dec 04:B
'03 Ford E350 EXT/'04 Jayco Jay Feather 25G (Bunk House!)
Reese HP WD & HP Dual Cam sway
These are the good old days.

rmarshall
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! Especially helpful to beginners.
Dick

2005 F450, CC, 4X4, Lariat, Superhitch, FastGuns, TransferFlow Aux Tank

2005 Lance 1181, Nearly everything but solar.

thecaptain
Explorer
Explorer
The videos are good,but what about trailers and blowouts?
Ken/Ellen(RET):B
2000 F250 Superduty
7.3psd/Banksbrake/Smartlock/Trans command/3.73gear/Edge EZ module
2002/29ft-Terry 5er:

Take life one day at a time.:)

larryweiss
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much. This stuff can save lives
Regards
Larry

rvdogmom40
Explorer
Explorer
I consider myself a very good driver. I sent for the videos and was amazed when I viewed them. I knew enough not to put on the brakes after a blowout but would have instinctively let up on accelerator. Hope I never need the info but am so glad that I have it

TexasCamperLvr
Explorer
Explorer
HOw very informative. I've added these to our website. THank you.
Me, Hubby, son, and our Boxer Pharaoh

cougarjohn
Explorer
Explorer
Handbasket: I use my hand to check the tire temperature at the same time I visually check the tire and look at the wheel stud nuts when we make a rest stop area during daytime travel. Don't forget that the sunny side can be warmer due to the sun. When it is sunny and the temp. is a 100 degrees then that black asphalt really transfers a lot of heat into your vehicle tires.

I don't know what the video shows, but if I have a tire problem then I maintain my speed until I have control and then I slow down with my foot off the pedal until my speed is down before I ever touch the brake. I have experienced very few tire problems, but that is what I have always done and I never had a problem. The worst thing that I ever saw was a front wheel come off a motorhome on I-5 near Fife, Washington about 15-20 years ago. The motorhome had front drum brakes so he rolled along okay and maintained control. Fortunately, it was Friday evening and traffic was only going about 45 MPH. I am still thankful that both of my right rear duals came off as I pulled away from a stop sign!!! With our heavy camper it would have been more serious at highway speed and especially on a curve to the left.

jmcc
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, those videos were very good! Who would have thought of stepping on the gas!?

"BTW, an infrared thermometer is an easy way to check for an underinflated tire at each stop; just point and pull the trigger. "

Where would you purchase an infarared thermometer?
James & Michelle
2 furry friends (Shelties)
'04 Coachmen Freedom 258DB