cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching these videos could save your life!

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone who drives an RV should have to watch these videos.

RV Tire Information Videos.
http://www.michelinrvtires.com/tires/tires-101/tire-maintenance-and-safety/how-to-handle-a-blowout/
They are about 20 minutes long, so if you have a dial up it may take quite a while. You can request a copy of the video to be sent to you.
190 REPLIES 190

Tubaronnie
Explorer
Explorer
We found out how helpful the campground managers and fellow/sister rv'ers really are. We were in our local KOA last summer (our 1st season with motorhome). I became I'll and had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. My wife went with me and my elderly mother stayed with the rv. Camp manager had a staff person stay with mom, got other RV'ers to help pack everything up and watched our rig until friends arrived to drive it home. Wow. Now in our 2nd year I am finding the family of travelers love to talk about their rigs, their trips, their dogs and their kids. We are having a blast. Going full time in 3 -5 years we hope! Work camping here we come.
Tubaronnie
1995 Winnebago Adventurer 30WQ

neil_hank202
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks a ton.

lovervliving
Explorer
Explorer
The best piece of advice is to take your rig on a short outing close to your home but not in a remote area. If something goes wrong, you're not too far away to return, if necessary.

Let the campground managers know you're a newbie; most are more than happy to help you start enjoying your RVing experience. On our first outing, we had the managers, follow us to our site, help us hook up the sewer, electric, etc. That was very nice. We're currently workamping, and at our RV park, we do the same thing.

Since you're on the tire thread here... Be sure to change your tires every 4-6 years regardless of the miles you have on them.

Welcome to the RV world! You're gonna love it!
RV Living Unlimited.comwww.rv-living-unlimited.com
Don't Just Dream It. Do It!

holidayrambling
Explorer
Explorer
I know the post i am responding to is OLD.. however we are VERY new at the rv'ing just bought our first one 2 weeks ago.. haven't had the pleasure of using it yet! ANY info anyone can provide is NEEDED that would help us, ie tips, new products ETC..... Thanks

Looking forward to hearing from all

Tubaronnie
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Had no idea to give 'er gas. Great info! I'm also going to try accelerating slightly when I get that side push from an 18 wheeler.
Tubaronnie
1995 Winnebago Adventurer 30WQ

hantahemorrhage
Explorer
Explorer
Great information! Thanks for posting.

etx
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for posting these! 🙂
'77 Dodge Tioga Sportsman
Maiden Voyage on hold for now, rig needs fixin!

kimya
Explorer
Explorer
Great job on your videos! Love it much that I can't really resist to watch! Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength

rcrumley
Explorer
Explorer
Very good videos. Thanks!

Anyone know where similar information exists for Travel Trailers?

borntocruise53
Explorer
Explorer
Very educational! thanks

Dragonrover401
Explorer
Explorer
Very helpful videos. Thanks for the post.

TCreed88
Explorer
Explorer
Great information, thanks!

DREAMERMAN53
Explorer
Explorer
I disagree with the pyrometer approach to checking air pressure. If one side of your RV is sitting in the sun it will be warmer than the shady side. Just a little FYI.
Thanks,
Bill

95 Damon Intruder
97 Jeep dingy

socalrccprix
Explorer
Explorer
great vids thanks for sharing

jackbrosnan
Explorer
Explorer
thaks for the videos..thats really awesome..
Jack Brosnan
North Vancouver Flowers