cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is a good camp stove to buy now days?

tewitt1949
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've always used these green Coleman stove for the last 35 years. Now ours has seen its last days, its time buy something new.

What is a good make and model stove to get? Is there something better than Coleman? I'd prefer to stay with something small rather than a stove on legs.

Any recommendations and links would be appreciated.
Terry Witt
24 REPLIES 24

FredandKaren
Explorer
Explorer
My camper only has a cook top, so I have come to love my Camp Chef stove with oven. It is much larger than a traditional Coleman, but I love fresh biscuits for breakfast and I prefer cooking outside.
Fred & Karen Kennedy
2004 Terry Dakota 830Y
2004 Dodge 2500 SLT
"Don't be afraid that your life will end,
be afraid that it will never begin."

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
for a propane grill, magma
for a propane griddle/grill blackstone grill
for the traditional camp stove an old coleman white gas stove. pick one up at a garage sale or on ebay, clean it up.
For a lantern, again an older coleman dual mantle white gas lantern

If you want a brighter light, go with the older mantles that had thorium in them. Still a bunch available from coleman or from other mfg. Yes, thorium is radioactive and releases alpha and beta particles.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have the room, go with a Camp Chef. They have the best burners going.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
A small fabricating company in Idaho builds the best, toughest stoves as a sideline. Not at all cheap, but you won't find better.

https://partnersteel.com/cook-partner

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I currently have about 5 or 6 good working Coleman stoves in the garage. I mean old school Coleman fuel stoves. I pick them up for under $10 at garage sales, clean them up and give them to my friends. I would rather carry a gallon of Coleman fuel than have a dozen propane tanks in the back of the truck. I don't worry about the can of gas exploding as some do.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Coleman propane.

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
I use the 2 burner coleman propane stove.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

diginomad
Explorer
Explorer
For a small stove, I use a MSR Whisper Lite International. It is a good brand. Made in Seattle. I run about 1 gallon of white fuel through it per week in winter. It does require maintenance on the fuel line once every other week. It will burn diesel, gas and kerosene too. But white fuel is the best option for longevity.

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Outdoor Gear Labs reviews
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
Weber Baby Q-used ours for years.
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright