cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 camping season

t-train
Explorer
Explorer
Are you still going or cutting back this year due to rising costs? The campground I camp at your having a hard time reserving campsites.
28 REPLIES 28

Jjsimon111
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I went to Alaska last year thru Alberta, British Columbia and up to the Yukon and price of fuel did not stop us. And for the year we towed our 5th wheel just under10,000 miles. You can't take it with you. I'll never let fuel prices stop me from doing what I want to and as far as reservations did not have any problems making them and we stayed in 37 rv parks with no issues with reservations.

MFL wrote:
MitchF150 wrote:
I wish MORE RV folks would 'cut back'.. ha, ha... That would make it easier to get reservations at the parks I want to go to..

I can't just pick up and go on a whim.. I do not wish to just "camp" in a parking lot type of park.

I was paying $6/gallon gas last season, so I guess since eggs are now $3/dozen, I might just have to make smaller omelets on the Blackstone! 🙂

Mitch

Hey Mitch...where ya gettin those $3 doz eggs? Walmart here is $5.80 doz! Is it possible to make a 1 egg omelet??:)

I don't get concerned over gas prices, in fact, when towing, most always use pure premium.

Jerry

Most stores around here actually have a 2 carton LIMIT on eggs... like people can afford to pay fpr 3 + cartons ! :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
MitchF150 wrote:
I wish MORE RV folks would 'cut back'.. ha, ha... That would make it easier to get reservations at the parks I want to go to..

I can't just pick up and go on a whim.. I do not wish to just "camp" in a parking lot type of park.

I was paying $6/gallon gas last season, so I guess since eggs are now $3/dozen, I might just have to make smaller omelets on the Blackstone! 🙂

Mitch

Hey Mitch...where ya gettin those $3 doz eggs? Walmart here is $5.80 doz! Is it possible to make a 1 egg omelet??:)

I don't get concerned over gas prices, in fact, when towing, most always use pure premium.

Jerry

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Diesel here is $4.15 as of yesterday but gas keeps going up. I was paying over $5.00 for diesel last year at this time. So we are going but who knows where as so far we have never had trouble getting a spot. We don't go to see the campground, we just park and sleep there. Right now the hold up is Dr appointments. Sure my health is pretty good but kids insist on getting the check ups. To answer the question, yes we are going.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
You only get to go around the block of life once. Health & finances permitting we plan to stay on the street of doing things as long as possible before making that final turn & being forced to put on the brakes.

Nothing reserved but plans are underway for Alaska, for the fifth time. Fuel estimates are set at $5gal. Burn set at 10MPG. Per day CG costs bumped up on 2022 costs. The plan is to return after six months having spent less than estimates.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
Michelle.S wrote:
There's no guarantee on a Tomorrow, so travel while you can.

Amen to that!

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's no guarantee on a Tomorrow, so travel while you can.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

hopefully more than any other year... purchased the RV to camp, not look at in my driveway...:-)
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

t-train
Explorer
Explorer
Just thought I would ask. I don’t remember if it was rvtravel.com or rv lifestyle.com that had an article out wondering with the cost of everything going up if that would stop people from going camping.

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
We are still going as you can't after you are dead!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, going to travel when and where we want without regard to the economy. Problem will be getting reservations, parks are getting full already for our travels it seems.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations at state and national park campgrounds in Florida, Georgia, and New York into January 2024 so far. We have no plans to cut back on any of them. In between, we will be at our private sites in upstate New York and Vermont.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ronharmless
Explorer
Explorer
Both - “still going” and “cutting back” aren’t mutually exclusive (you can do both).