Must be nice to afford toys like this.

$590,000 camper van
31 REPLIES 31

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Tight quarters for four adults.

Agreed! There's not enough kitchen counter space to make a sandwich.... but I guess if you can afford that, you can afford to have your Chef follow behind with a "chuck wagon"....LOL!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
hornet28 wrote:
We saw these two just N.E. of Missoula in June of 19. I'd be surprised if they weren't over that in cost

I've seen that beast in person. It was at the NW Overland rally.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

m37charlie
Explorer
Explorer
The Mercedes/Bimobil is probably $350-400k new. The MAN-KAT looks homemade.

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
We saw these two just N.E. of Missoula in June of 19. I'd be surprised if they weren't over that in cost

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
traccan555 wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I would rather have a nice used Prevost or Newell motorcoach for that kind of coin.

I am with you colliehauler...you could buy 2 or 3 well-maintained used Liberty or Marathon coaches for that $$ if you had trouble deciding on which you liked best ๐Ÿ˜‰

But they can't go where this truck camper can go. Those RVs are pavement princesses.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

m37charlie
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
In that price range, I want a unimog based rig...because I sure won't care about fuel cost anyway.

You are absolutely correct. My 2005 Unimog with very civilized cab and driving habits and a German built Unicat camper cost considerably less. With considerably more bad road and off-road capabilities. Like much bigger tires, 2 low ranges, 2 hydraulic winches, factory locking diffs at both ends, very importantly CTIS.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
That thing should have no problem getting over the speed bumps at Walmart.

Earth Roamer! HA! try getting service for that anywhere outside of N America.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
the Earthroamer is a purpose built off road rv for those that like to camp away from all the other rv{s that could never get to where it can go.
your not going to follow this in your Prevost or Newell motorcoach.
you have to have deep pockets to afford it though there are more expensive ones

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Carbon fiber to save weight, granite counter tops for??

Agree, those things are super cool, but I have trouble getting past how a built class 5 truck and a Mac daddy TC is 90-95% as functional as the ER for 1/4 the cost. Maybe 1/3 if you went totally overboard.
And for $600k + you donโ€™t get a generator....?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

traccan555
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I would rather have a nice used Prevost or Newell motorcoach for that kind of coin.

I am with you colliehauler...you could buy 2 or 3 well-maintained used Liberty or Marathon coaches for that $$ if you had trouble deciding on which you liked best ๐Ÿ˜‰

js218
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the cash go for it, looked at Earthroamer only down fall is the Ford is the only chassis, ordered one from Global Expedition Vehicles based on a Frieghtliner chassis, should have by October.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fizz wrote:
Must be nice to afford toys like this.

$590,000 camper van

Huuuuuh ... that's certainly a cheapout compromise of a decent RV toy.

Here's what we should all lust after ... at around $1,700,000 plus options ... this F750-based Earthroamer LV-HD should really be what dreams are made of ๐Ÿ˜‰ :
https://earthroamer.com/hd/
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like a TEOTWAWKI type vehicle. Surprised they used carbon fiber instead of Kevlar. Maybe add some armor plating around the critical infrastructure. That sort of thing.
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Europeans have the right idea. Build an Earth Roamer on a frame & engine that can be serviced virtually anywhere on Earth. Who knows anything about Ford, Chevy or Dodge outside of N America?

Nice toy for those who want to be seen though.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995