Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
pulled this item from a local online news source:

"JOLIET, IL — A 64-year-old California man is detained in the Will County Jail on drug trafficking charges and the 190 pounds of marijuana that was found in his recreational vehicle has been confiscated by the Will County Sheriff's Department, authorities announced.

The traffic stop of Michael Glenn Silliman happened at 8:30 a.m. along I-80 near Briggs Street, police said. A Will County Sheriff's vehicle parked along I-80 spotted the California RV "with the windshield wipers turned on because of the rain but the vehicle did not have its headlights on as required by law," police stated.

Silliman, who hails from Huntington Beach, Calif., was driving alone and told police he was coming from California to visit friends, according to police. Eventually, the Will County Sheriff's Police searched his RV and police say they found 190 pounds of marijuana, 1 THC vape pen, 6.1 grams of meth and a meth pipe.

Authorities said the marijuana has a street value of $600,000.

Silliman was set to have a bail hearing on Tuesday at the Will County Courthouse."

source: https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/600k-marijuana-seized-near-joliet-will-co-police
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle
74 REPLIES 74

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
"Meth isn't part pf this board and shouldn't be. I know of no pluses for meth."

Amen.

tomman58 wrote:

The other 95% just like having their mind leave the planet and it screws them up for life.

I do not use, and never have used meth. But some people do, and the fact that it is not legal has not changed that. I imagine that a large percentage of the users started because they discovered they where lied to about the so called "danger" of other drugs, so could/would not believe what they where told about meth.
There is, and always has been danger in alternative facts. Education is useless without a basses in truth.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Methamphetamine is used to treat attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8676/methamphetamine-oral/details

The other 95% just like having their mind leave the planet and it screws them up for life.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Methamphetamine is used to treat attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8676/methamphetamine-oral/details
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Meth isn't part pf this board and shouldn't be. I know of no pluses for meth."

Amen.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
tomman58 wrote:

I remember back in the late 60's and well into the 70's going to Ford Auditorium and getting a contact high just walking in to watch a concert. Several times during the show a joint would come down the row for you to take a hit..................... Standard procedure back then. You could get high anytime anywhere. Weed exploded after Nam and was socially acceptable.
NOW 50+ years later we are discussing it, LOL Enjoyed it then and now no big deal.

Yes, everybody I knew expected legalization by the mid '80s, because the only harm we could see was fines and jail.

bucky wrote:
Sweet Thing and I are in a service club that invited some Police Officers to speak at a meeting.
Their presentation was almost completely about how to detect meth production in our neighborhood. They were very concerned about heroin and crack as well but the clues are much harder to spot than meth production due to the odor similar to cat urine. Houses have to be torn down in some cases.
They stated that there was absolutely no concern about pot at the individual level other than impaired driving.

The cost of production of meth is low, if you do not add the penalties of getting caught the mix. If there was a legal, and regulated supply, part of the regulation could be control of the dangerous chemicals.

Meth isn't part pf this board and shouldn't be. I know of no pluses for meth.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
tomman58 wrote:

I remember back in the late 60's and well into the 70's going to Ford Auditorium and getting a contact high just walking in to watch a concert. Several times during the show a joint would come down the row for you to take a hit..................... Standard procedure back then. You could get high anytime anywhere. Weed exploded after Nam and was socially acceptable.
NOW 50+ years later we are discussing it, LOL Enjoyed it then and now no big deal.

Yes, everybody I knew expected legalization by the mid '80s, because the only harm we could see was fines and jail.

bucky wrote:
Sweet Thing and I are in a service club that invited some Police Officers to speak at a meeting.
Their presentation was almost completely about how to detect meth production in our neighborhood. They were very concerned about heroin and crack as well but the clues are much harder to spot than meth production due to the odor similar to cat urine. Houses have to be torn down in some cases.
They stated that there was absolutely no concern about pot at the individual level other than impaired driving.

The cost of production of meth is low, if you do not add the penalties of getting caught the mix. If there was a legal, and regulated supply, part of the regulation could be control of the dangerous chemicals.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
tomman58 wrote:

Movie Refer Madness from the 30's is well worth watching.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pot will be federally legal very soon as it seems to be on the radar scope of politicians in the coming election. After all in their eyes votes are votes and they don't care how they get them.
Puma 30RKSS

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

face it,,,, 25 arrests higher OR 25% of 100 higher IS THE SAME... No matter how you slice it, dice it, add it, subtract it, or divide it... ..Nothing misleading.. just sayin...

25 arrests... that's noise

didn't happen to notice the 1300 --> 100 did you? That's a number worth talking about.

I don't know whether it is worth talking about, or not. When a law is passed making something previously illegal (but not especially uncommon) legal, it is hardly surprising that arrests for that act go down since it's no longer an offence. Does it mean that there is more or less of a problem? You can't really tell; and the answer may depend on what you define as the problem in the first place.

If school zone speed limits were removed, the number of tickets issued for speeding in a school zone would decrease substantially. If the income tax were repealed, you'd see a large drop in the number of tax evasion cases brought.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
As you age you'll find that many "cures" for aches and pains are no longer effective. That said if you are active you'll find MM products will help you like no others. Most of older America that have tryed these products are better off.
On the other front America is accepting weed at a fast rate. But as with any product "you" are the one responsible. I don't drink and drive and I do not use MM THC products either when not in a controlled atmosphere like the backyard, family room or bedroom. At 72 life is good and with my medical history it is super with MM.

What's amazing to me is how deep the anti's are digging in. Rec pot was put to the voters in MI (and passed). One televised debate, a local chief of police was spouting several facts... I was checking them as fast as he was spouting them. He spewing was technically accurate, but extremely misleading. For example, drug arrests in CO went up 25% after pot was legalized. While he is technically correct, it was 125 arrests i don't recall the exact numbers, but this is close enough) the year after it was implemented, while it was 100 the year it was legalized. That in itself is misleading, and using 25% sounds really scary, when it's only 25. The year before it was legalized, the number of drug arrests was something like 1300.

2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

I was just quoting your own words... The fact that the reports were "Extremely misleading" in YOUR EYES..

Smoke your dope, just don't drive while doing so... We will all thank you
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:

face it,,,, 25 arrests higher OR 25% of 100 higher IS THE SAME... No matter how you slice it, dice it, add it, subtract it, or divide it... ..Nothing misleading.. just sayin...

25 arrests... that's noise

didn't happen to notice the 1300 --> 100 did you? That's a number worth talking about.

philh wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
As you age you'll find that many "cures" for aches and pains are no longer effective. That said if you are active you'll find MM products will help you like no others. Most of older America that have tryed these products are better off.
On the other front America is accepting weed at a fast rate. But as with any product "you" are the one responsible. I don't drink and drive and I do not use MM THC products either when not in a controlled atmosphere like the backyard, family room or bedroom. At 72 life is good and with my medical history it is super with MM.

What's amazing to me is how deep the anti's are digging in. Rec pot was put to the voters in MI (and passed). One televised debate, a local chief of police was spouting several facts... I was checking them as fast as he was spouting them. He spewing was technically accurate, but extremely misleading. For example, drug arrests in CO went up 25% after pot was legalized. While he is technically correct, it was 125 arrests i don't recall the exact numbers, but this is close enough) the year after it was implemented, while it was 100 the year it was legalized. That in itself is misleading, and using 25% sounds really scary, when it's only 25. The year before it was legalized, the number of drug arrests was something like 1300.
'

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
tomman58 wrote: