cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADCO Designer Series UV Hydro cover - any feedback?

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
We recently moved out of our 5th wheel and into our new home. Eventually we would like to have an RV carport, open pole barn or other cover built on the property for parking. Until that time, I am looking at getting a cover to help protect the RV.

Does anyone have feedback or experience with ADCO’s Designer Series UV Hdyro covers? These are almost 2x the other Adco offerings and for our 5th wheel it’s about $700. I don’t mind spending the extra money if this cover will last and protect.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance

OJ
Vincent
Orlando, FL
2008 Ford F250 CC KR 6.4 Diesel - Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/wireless air, Bilstein 4600 HD’s, Hellwig BigWig Sway bars, Pullrite Super Rails, Hensley BD3
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW
6 REPLIES 6

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^what he said. And while you’ll get plenty of rain as well, UV protection of the camper is arguably more important in FloRida. As well UV degradation of the cover will be your biggest challenge or the most wear n tear on the cover. Unlike the wet cloudy PNW coastal areas.
Moisture will be a lesser concern given the higher year round temperatures and much more sun.
Where a cheaper cover may last for many years up here, the sun will turn that same cover to dust much quicker down there.
None of this “really” matters though. Other than to say whatever keeps the sun off if it will help the most.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using the ADCO Aqua Shed for 4 seasons now. It's still in great shape. I used the same model on a previous 5th wheel for 5 seasons and it was still good so I gave it away when we sold the 5er.
I'm in the PNW so we get our fair share of rain in the winter and it holds up well against that and the wind.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
rk911 wrote:
no first hand experience but you may find it interesting if you check the archives here and on IRV2.com. my impression was these covers do more damage than they prevent.

Negative.
The sun and rain will do more far more damage than the potential for a little scuffing.
Period.

And OP, don’t spend 2x as much. Get a “normal” cover. You can buy 2 of them over time if you absolutely need it, but especially with your plans for a shelter, don’t spend the extra $.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
no first hand experience but you may find it interesting if you check the archives here and on IRV2.com. my impression was these covers do more damage than they prevent.

In our community RV lot a walk around the lot in the summer one can easily pick out the trailers that won't be covered in the winter and be 90+% correct.

covered:
stickers not pealing
trim not yellow
siding shiny and not faded

ones not covered in the off season
pealing stickers
faded sides
trim yellow and faded
black molding cracked
usually the ones with obvious water damage/delam.

yes, can be a PITA to install, but IMHO definitely helps keep them new. However, the ones with the MOST damage visible are ones where someone used a waterproof blue etc. tarp and strapped it down with bungie cords. First ones with mold buildup from water condensation underneath, rubbing of the tarp damaging siding, etc.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Mine worked great for 13 winters until I the RV. Had some minor holes where sharp corners had rubbed through but it never tore and always stayed dry and fresh inside. The trailer looked like new when I traded it in.
If I didn't store our present rig under a new carport, I'd get another ADCO.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle